• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New CS?
10-19-2010, 12:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-19-2010, 12:24 AM by Jason Petho.)
RE: New CS?
(10-18-2010, 08:45 PM)Sgt K. Kat Wrote: How feasible do you see it for the Campaign Series to be ported to run on a single engine, combining the RS EF and WF engines into the latest Modern Wars engine?

I assume it would be a lot of work, but on the positive side the maintenance of the product would become so much easier?

It would be a huge amount of work to have everything run under the same engine. Impossible, no. But huge.

(10-18-2010, 08:45 PM)Sgt K. Kat Wrote: As for the platoon coding system. I assume you would be able to create an automatic conversion tool for changing all the scenarios. As it would be next to impossible to modify the plethora of scenarios we have manually.

A tool was created to convert some of the existing scenarios for Vietnam after I went ahead and started rebuilding order of battles under the new platoon coding ID system. (Same number of platoons, just different structure than the present spaghetti mess).

While a valiant effort, the conversion tool doesn't work as effectively as it needs to be. Primarily because the present platoon system and offerings are not very comprehensive. Editing the files manually turned out being the faster process. That being the case, I left the Americans, PNVA and South Vietnam alone.

I will be redoing the Americans for Modern Wars: Volume II though. Ideally, I have been rebuilding the countries so they will be ideally "plug and play" from one series to the next, with little effort required to include them. I wish the World War II version had the same foresight.

You'll notice that the Middle East countries have all received a thorough working over and those keen will be able to see the system put in place and its intention. The primary point of the exercise is to make the game easier to create USER MODS. I am also trying to provide documentation that will be found in the Manual folders.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
10-20-2010, 04:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-20-2010, 04:40 PM by jomni.)
Regarding Panzer Battles, based on the HPS style of publishing, I assume that there will be several tittles covering different fronts and eras using the same engine and it will not have a dynamic campaign and random battle generator. So JTCS will still give you bang for your buck with all the goodies in it.
Send this user an email
06-03-2011, 12:56 AM,
any word on Panzer Battles. Nothing on JT's website except a description and a small picture.