• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Tiller series in development
10-17-2010, 01:44 AM,
RE: New Tiller series in development
I wonder if maybe there may be a new series in the future with individual men. There would be plenty of scenarios to be made for that. Something along the lines of Sudden Strike graphics only a little larger and plays like the old dos game Xcom. That would be something.
Quote this message in a reply
10-17-2010, 02:58 AM,
SPI used to have two cardboard counter games called Sniper! and Patrol that used individual soldiers. They were quite fun, and were way before their time.
10-17-2010, 04:11 AM,
Sniper! was a blast and it's rules were unforgettable (there was one in the first edition about what happens when an erect man exposes himself in front of an aperture). Patrol was more polished but didn't grab me in quite the same way.

But once you port this to a computer, you're going down the same road as Jagged Alliance. The original games in that series were unrealistic but a lot of fun -- make them too realistic and they start losing their character.
History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.
10-17-2010, 06:53 AM,
(10-16-2010, 11:13 AM)Volcano Man Wrote:
(10-16-2010, 09:15 AM)Dog Soldier Wrote: My VM meter is pinging. This sounds a lot like something Ed would be involved in....and thus it will be great! That is when it does come out...Big Grin

Dog Soldier

Well, unless you are referring to another Ed, I can't take much credit here. I am helping, but only indirectly so to speak. This baby belongs to someone else. :)

Everyone helps everyone else, well most of the designers do anyway, and those that are directly involved are probably more capable than I. So, yes, it should be awesome. :whis:

Imagine the great secrets lurking in VM’s mind! :-)
BTW, really enjoying France ‘14
Send this user an email
10-18-2010, 05:54 AM,
FWIW, VM does know his armor combat history. His expertise there would be a nice touch for a new series about the same.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
10-18-2010, 09:13 AM,
Thanks, I try, but you guys are probably too kind to me. :cheeky:
Send this user an email