• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Another One
09-23-2010, 10:35 AM,
RE: Another Question
(09-21-2010, 12:53 PM)Skryabin Wrote: Well, this is a fresh Moral A, Fatigue 15 unit. A similar one finished its bridge on south after 1 turn. The elevation is different, I've just noticed: 160m on one side and 180m on another. May be this is the case?
The differences in level do not have any effect. If one side were a cliff it would, but not just a higher level.

Keep in mind that the factors (morale, unit size, pdt, etc.) just work to make a percentage CHANCE of building a bridge. Even with a 95% chance of succeeding, it is possible to go an infinite number of turns without succeeding, if your luck is bad enough.

(09-21-2010, 12:53 PM)Skryabin Wrote: Good! And this is interesting: after a unit got Low Ammo to re-supply it does not matter how far it is from Supply Source anymore, only how far from its HQ. Right?
I am not sure (I'm at work), but I believe that this is not correct. I believe that supply level interacts with the distance from the HQ.
Quote this message in a reply
09-23-2010, 12:23 PM,
(09-23-2010, 10:35 AM)Liebchen Wrote:
(09-21-2010, 12:53 PM)Skryabin Wrote: Good! And this is interesting: after a unit got Low Ammo to re-supply it does not matter how far it is from Supply Source anymore, only how far from its HQ. Right?
I am not sure (I'm at work), but I believe that this is not correct. I believe that supply level interacts with the distance from the HQ.

"The net effect of the above formula is that if a unit being checked for supply is at the limit of the Command Range, its probability of re-supply is 50%. For example, if an HQ unit has a command range of 7 and the unit under command of that HQ is 7 hexes away when the supply check is performed, then C=7 and R=7 and the formula would resolve that:

C / (C + R) = 7 / (7 + 7) = 7 / 14 = 50%.

Once a unit becomes Low On Ammo, then a determination is made for each turn for that side if the unit becomes re-supplied. For re-supply, only the range test described previously is used. Thus to be re-supplied, the unit must have an HQ unit that is not Out of Command."

This is how I understood it from Manual. Am I missing something?

Dmitriy
09-24-2010, 05:41 AM,
Regarding supply:
That's right, for re-supply it is only the distance from unit's HQ that matters.
But for keeping unit supplyed both distances from HQ and from supply source are vital.

Regarding bridgelayers:
Another thing that dramatically slows bridge operations is an enemy at the opposite bank of the river. According to my experience if engineers are trying to lay bridge to the hex that is occupied by the enemy it takes them much longer to finish their work. So I always try to cross the river in some secluded place with no enemy soldiers around. Small marsh just South of Mogilev is quite a place IMO :). In our "team-played" PBEM my "Das Reich" div. popped out of these marshes was able to seal about 3 soviet divs. at Mogilev.
09-24-2010, 05:57 AM,
(09-24-2010, 05:41 AM)Xandor Wrote: Small marsh just South of Mogilev is quite a place IMO :). In our "team-played" PBEM my "Das Reich" div. popped out of these marshes was able to seal about 3 soviet divs. at Mogilev.
Yes, I used that place too! Cavalry Div crossed the river over there. Just wanted to cross it also on very north with one of the divisions to exit towards Smolensk. But they stuck there with that bridge...

Because 3 divisions is more then enough to take Mogilev. Playing against AI is a vacation though :cool:

Dmitriy
09-24-2010, 09:25 AM,
Is there a place where you can access a log or some file of what was happening during the turn, meaning who was shooting and what are the loses - all the results in one place? Just to go back and analise the history.

Dmitriy
09-24-2010, 12:35 PM,
RE: Another One
You can watch the replay of a turn, offered by the system in PBEM mode when you first open the turn but that is all.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp