• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Another One
09-20-2010, 02:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-24-2010, 09:26 AM by Skryabin.)
c_Question Mark  Another One
Is there any difference in artillery range firepower? I mean indirect artillery firing at the same target from 3 hex distance and from 9 hexes. In CS the closer your artillery to front line the better. And what about here?

Dmitriy
Quote this message in a reply
09-20-2010, 03:21 AM,
RE: Artillery Question
(09-20-2010, 02:35 AM)Skryabin Wrote: Is there any difference in artillery range firepower? I mean indirect artillery firing at the same target from 3 hex distance and from 9 hexes. In CS the closer your artillery to front line the better. And what about here?

Dmitriy

No the casualties caused will be the same for 3 hex's or 9 hex's, however if the hex you target is not spotted by a friendly unit, the arty's firepower is halved.
09-20-2010, 06:45 AM,
RE: Artillery Question
Thank you,

In this particular part it makes it easier :-)

Dmitriy
09-20-2010, 02:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-20-2010, 04:51 PM by Skryabin.)
RE: Another Question
Another question. Even two.

1) I am playing Mogilev scenario (Smolensk'41) as Germans against AI and have a problem with engineers: they can not set up a bridge. It says "Bridge Ops" on their picture as long as about 4 or 5 turns already. But they are not getting their job done. Any ideas what could it be?

2) About supply. In the manual there is a two step calculation process described: first the Local Supply Value test and then a Range (to HQ) test. The question is when Virtual Supply Truck Optional Rule is ON, does it apply only to the first part? Just to make sure that with this OR the range to HQ is still important and the second test is being performed as usually.

Dmitriy
09-21-2010, 05:32 AM,
In regards to 1) Check the pdt (parameter data table) value for Bridge Building for the Germans. It may be very low or even non existent. Are they disrupted? Did you use them for some other task?
09-21-2010, 08:36 AM,
(09-20-2010, 02:21 PM)Skryabin Wrote: Another question. Even two.

1) I am playing Mogilev scenario (Smolensk'41) as Germans against AI and have a problem with engineers: they can not set up a bridge. It says "Bridge Ops" on their picture as long as about 4 or 5 turns already. But they are not getting their job done. Any ideas what could it be?

2) About supply. In the manual there is a two step calculation process described: first the Local Supply Value test and then a Range (to HQ) test. The question is when Virtual Supply Truck Optional Rule is ON, does it apply only to the first part? Just to make sure that with this OR the range to HQ is still important and the second test is being performed as usually.

Dmitriy

The Eng ability to build the bridge is related too:
- the PDT value
- the unit Quality
- and I think there is a modifier for a COY vs a BTLN strength unit

Give the PDT Value is fixed this means a A QUALITY Btln will usually be much faster than C Quality Eng and the C Quality ENg will be much less likely to build a bridge if it is a COY vs the full BTLN.

Calibration for the Bridge Building time vs Quality was done in BULGE and while it seems to take forever, in reality, more often than not those bridges are built faster in the game then they were done in real life.

++++

On the supply question - I am not following all the details of the question but with VST supply, the local supply value is certainly used.

Glenn
Send this user an email
09-21-2010, 08:46 AM,
(09-20-2010, 02:21 PM)Skryabin Wrote: 2) About supply. In the manual there is a two step calculation process described: first the Local Supply Value test and then a Range (to HQ) test. The question is when Virtual Supply Truck Optional Rule is ON, does it apply only to the first part? Just to make sure that with this OR the range to HQ is still important and the second test is being performed as usually.

The answer is yes, but the difference with VST OR being on is that the local supply value gets lower the further that you move from the supply source, this does not happen with the basic supply rules.
09-21-2010, 12:53 PM,
Well, this is a fresh Moral A, Fatigue 15 unit. A similar one finished its bridge on south after 1 turn. The elevation is different, I've just noticed: 160m on one side and 180m on another. May be this is the case?

PDT: Axis Pontoon Value: 10
What is "modifier for a COY vs a BTLN strength unit" unfortunately I do not understand yet.

(09-21-2010, 08:46 AM)Foul. Wrote: The answer is yes, but the difference with VST OR being on is that the local supply value gets lower the further that you move from the supply source, this does not happen with the basic supply rules.
Good! And this is interesting: after a unit got Low Ammo to re-supply it does not matter how far it is from Supply Source anymore, only how far from its HQ. Right?
09-21-2010, 02:22 PM,
>modifier for a COY vs a BTLN

That is a (negative) modifier for a Company vs Battalion.

I don't think you want the pontoon value (that is a full hex bridge), but the bridge value ( I think). Sorry, no PzCamp games on this computer.
09-22-2010, 06:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-22-2010, 06:03 AM by Nitram Draw.)
(09-21-2010, 12:53 PM)Skryabin Wrote: Well, this is a fresh Moral A, Fatigue 15 unit. A similar one finished its bridge on south after 1 turn. The elevation is different, I've just noticed: 160m on one side and 180m on another. May be this is the case?

PDT: Axis Pontoon Value: 10
What is "modifier for a COY vs a BTLN strength unit" unfortunately I do not understand yet.

Morale gives an increased chance (A morale is 20% better I believe) of completing the bridge.
If the under is less than 100 men you have a percentage reduction, 90 men = .9 X standard chance, of completing the bridge.
If the engineer unit is company size, either broken down or is just a single company then it has 1/3 the normal chance of completing the bridge.
So an A morale company of 90 men would have the standard chance of building the bridge on a given turn multiplied by .356.
An A morale battalion of over 100 men would have the chance multiplied by 1.2.
An A battalion with 80 men would have the chance multiplied by .96.