• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Infantry Against Tanks 1941
09-28-2010, 01:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-01-2010, 01:16 AM by Bear.)
RE: Infantry Against Tanks 1941
(09-27-2010, 03:23 PM)Ratzki Wrote:
(09-23-2010, 04:42 AM)Bear Wrote:
(09-20-2010, 04:44 AM)Mad Russian Wrote: I agree Bear. Just how good are your Russian units and leaders in 1941? Mine were never very good.

In fact, far from being good they we close to being the worst units and leaders of any army, at any time period in the entire war. Not the best of times to use the Molotov Cocktail. Of course that's when they were most prevalent.

CMBB gives them to the Russians all the way to 1945. That's a long stretch. If you are a scenario designer you can limit that use to better effect.

Good Hunting.

MR
[font=Times New Roman]
I suggest reading Karl Shultz aka Paul Carell, Hitler's War On Russia. U.S. Dept of the Army Pamphlet 20-269. German Defensive Doctrine on the Russian Front, U.S. Army Command and General Staff College. Manstein, Lost Victories and Guderian's Panzer Leader. Geographia Atlas of the Second World War. i.e. 1.Moscow Motorized Division, equivalent to a Guards Division of hard core veterans font]

Unless I am off my nut "equivalent to" means same as, equal to. So now I will move on, in order to be equivalent to, they would have to share a similar OOB which was,I believe(NOTE here how I could be wrong), specific to Guards formations. Regular non-Guards formations would not have the same OOB and therefore could not be equivalent to. (Again note how I am trying to get something positive out of this part of the post. There might actually be something here that we can learn. MR will probably set me strtaight if I am correct or not.)
Not trying to nit-pik here, but this is getting rather pathetic. If you have an axe to grind for whatever reason, could you at least grind it out in the open so that we all can get out of the sparks, instead of grinding away lilke mad all while saying that there is no grinding being done. (This last part of the post that has nothing to do with gleening any knowledge, and is more of a "some guys obviously need more fibre in their diet" kind of a statement. Oh yah, almost forgot the little smilie...:whis: Have not used this one before.)

There were no Guards units or any Guards designations in July 1941.
Here is a Blitz, H2H APPROVED SCENARIO covering the release of the 1.Moscow Motorized Rifle Division from reserve to the front line where it fought two panzer divisions for a week. Available for immediate download.
"BLOCKING ACTION AT LIPKI":

https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/Comb...6&ladder=1
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply