• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Thinking of buying a Squad Battle Game
08-27-2010, 01:54 AM,
RE: Thinking of buying a Squad Battle Game
If he is in a bunker/pillbox you should use AP. Head on attacks not recommended.

Also, they have pretty big crews. Once they take a loss or two, their effectiveness goes down. Better to get in and assault with infantry.
Quote this message in a reply
08-27-2010, 04:49 AM,
(08-25-2010, 11:16 PM)TheBigRedOne Wrote:
(08-25-2010, 05:54 PM)Gasbag Wrote: I'd just like to suggest KW (Korean War). It's got 70+ scenarios & some of the best designer's notes that I've ever seen in a game...

I agree with this statement fully. Not only are the stock scenarios solid, but there are many put together post-release, as well as some nice art/vehicles mods. It's a very under-rated title. Most of the non-WWII titles tend to get less play, but all of them WW, SAW and the Vietnam games are also very, very good.

You really can't go wrong with any title you choose.

I agree as well. You can't go wrong with Korea. It's my long term fav for game play. Both sides are pretty even, you have great maps, lots of toys to play with, and some very good scenarios. Of course that applies to most of the SB titles :)
08-27-2010, 10:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-27-2010, 10:56 PM by Ozgur Budak.)
(08-27-2010, 12:33 AM)cmurphy625 Wrote: K.. I arrived yesterday.. and I must say, big difference from Panzer Campaigns!!!.. But in a good way, I think I'll really enjoy doing battle at a squad level, seems more 'personal' that way.... Although, one thing right off the bat that seems weird to me... Soviet AT guns seem way to resilient!!!.. I mean when I'm hitting a gun with KT's and Panthers (should I not have been using HE?).. I would assume it to get knocked out eventually.. The one AT gun I was trying to take out survived the scenario and knocked out at least 6 251s and two FlakPanzer IV's...

In their combat accounts most of the panzer commanders mention that their biggest fear were not enemy tanks but AT guns. The reason is nearly all of the time AT gun fires the first shot with the concealment advantage. Generally I dont recommend long open ground duels with bigger AT guns. Spot them, supress them and capture them with the infantry.
Best