• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Screen Freez
08-18-2010, 07:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-18-2010, 07:27 AM by Hawk Kriegsman.)
RE: Screen Freez
Ok all,

Here is what we know.

This a scenario originally in the Talsonsoft version.

People have completed games since the Matrix version has been released.

Joe and Jayson completed 9 turns. After the Japanese 9th turn their game freezes up.

Joe sent me Jayson's turn and password and the game blew up on me.

I was able to watch the 9th Japanese turn. I was able to watch 5 American airstrikes and then boom the game just stopped. It was using anywhere from 70 to 97% of my CPU's capacity and it turned everything Rising Sun Green.

My computer stayed like this for 30 minutes. I terminated the program.

I just finished playing the game via e-mail against myself for 12 turns with no issue.

I searched the scenario file and the order of battle files and so no issues.

So a couple of ideas.

On turn 9 the Japanese get a battalion HQ and a Type 1 Chi-HE (in my e-mail game against me they came on turn 11)

Is it possible that Joe and Jayson are both not on version 1.04?

Is it possible these units arriving is an issue?

Is it possible that for what ever reason it is just a dud turn 9 from Jayson and needs to be replayed?

I have no answers I am afraid.

This really needs Jason Petho on the job.

Mr. Petho we need your help.

Thanx!

Hawk
Quote this message in a reply
08-18-2010, 09:50 AM,
Just a suggestion, could it be one of the aircraft have no bmp?? Can either of you guys check the list of available aircraft, and list them for me, I'll check the graphics end of thing for you.

Thanks.

Mike
08-18-2010, 10:50 AM,
I assume this would be the American aircraft.

Here is the available air support dialog at turn 1.

P47D Ground Attack Aircraft
P51D Ground Attack Aircraft
SB2C Dive Bombers
SB2C Dive Bombers
SB2C Dive Bombers
SB2C Dive Bombers
P38F Fighter Aircraft
P38F Fighter Aircraft
F4U Fighter Aircraft
F4U Fighter Aircraft

Hope this helps.

Thanx!

Hawk
08-18-2010, 11:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-18-2010, 11:12 AM by Troll.)
Thanks for your time and help Hawk and ever1 else. I am using 1.4, and the turn you played is Jayson's replayed turn. We tried several times resending the original turn with no help and then told Jayson that it was OK with me for him to do the turn over and that is the turn that froze up on you. To make sure about the version I have, I clicked on the Update on the Main CS screen and confirmed that I have the latest version. Screen shot attached. Well I think we all spent way to much time on this lets get back to what we all like best, playing the game and chalk this one up as a gremlin hiding in the BT file :0

Joe

Attached Files
.jpg   ver 1.4.jpg (Size: 71.47 KB / Downloads: 7)
08-18-2010, 11:50 AM,
Hello Joe,

No problem. It is always worth the time to try and sort these things out if possible.

Thanx!

Hawk
08-18-2010, 01:26 PM,
Still on my trip. But I did redo my turn a few days back and we still get the same error.

Can we back track a few turns? Troll redoing his turn before sending to me.
Send this user an email
08-18-2010, 01:44 PM,
Hi Jayson, I would much rather bag this game and start a new one and see if we can get through it with a clean slate if that is OK with you? I am a little burned out with the resending and the do overs :(

Let me know

Best

Joe
08-18-2010, 06:43 PM,
Sounds like the bte file got corrupted somehow.
08-19-2010, 05:39 AM,
(08-18-2010, 11:07 AM)Troll Wrote: Thanks for your time and help Hawk and ever1 else. I am using 1.4, and the turn you played is Jayson's replayed turn. We tried several times resending the original turn with no help and then told Jayson that it was OK with me for him to do the turn over and that is the turn that froze up on you. To make sure about the version I have, I clicked on the Update on the Main CS screen and confirmed that I have the latest version. Screen shot attached. Well I think we all spent way to much time on this lets get back to what we all like best, playing the game and chalk this one up as a gremlin hiding in the BT file :0

Joe

Hello Joe.

Just to confirm you are actually using the 1.04 UPDATE, when you are in the game, from the top menu (by pressing M on the keyboard) select HELP --> ABOUT.

Sometimes the UPDATE button doesn't work as intended.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
08-19-2010, 09:33 AM,
All aircraft posted above have appropriate bmp's and bits...

Mike