• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Screen Freez
08-16-2010, 02:58 PM,
Screen Freez
We are having a problem with a screen freez after Axis turn. What happens is below and was sent by email. awe tried resending the turn and even playingthe turn over again but with the same results. My RS files seem to be ok since I can still play RS with on my puter with noproblems>>>>

"Still no good Jayson,screen always freezes up after axis turn. I checked on the Blitz as to how many games were played and it was 12, with no reports of a problem. I can still play RS on my computer so my game files are ok it seems. So my guess is that there is some thing wrong with the zip you keep sending. I will post this on the Blitz and see if there may be a solution other than a start over."

Any sugestions?

Joe
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-2010, 07:22 PM,
RE: Screen Freez
How about letting us know which scenario it is, so we can try to replicate the problem?
Also knowing if they are using Talonsoft/Matrix or the new JTCS series disks versions would be helpful? :chin:

There was a "cave bug" in the early versions that caused a similar problem.

cheers

HSL
08-16-2010, 11:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-16-2010, 11:15 PM by Troll.)
The scenario is The Main Event and the JTCS

Joe
Have to use Task Manager to shut down program turns all boarders green attached a screen shot.

Attached Files
.jpg   RSfreez1.jpg (Size: 90.98 KB / Downloads: 15)
08-17-2010, 01:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-17-2010, 03:39 AM by Hawk Kriegsman.)
I played 5 turns PBEM without issue.

Two things come to mind.

A zip issue or a version issue.

Have him try sending it without being zipped.

Are you both on version 1.04?

If you would both send me your files to each other and your passwords.

I will see if it happens to me.

Thanx!

Hawk
08-17-2010, 03:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-17-2010, 07:48 PM by Herr Straße Laufer.)
I got to turn 8 with no problems. :chin:
If Hawk is willing to do the work let him check out the files.

Thanks Hawk! :thumbs_up:

cheers

HSL
08-17-2010, 12:46 PM,
I'm his opponent I will send over the file when I get back from my business trip (Wednesday or Thursday).

I'm playing the Matrix version.
Send this user an email
08-17-2010, 08:55 PM,
Great!

Please include your password for the game with your e-mail.

Also for both you and troll: Can you confirm which update of the Matrix version you have? You both should be on 1.04 if you are up to date.

Thanx!

Hawk
08-17-2010, 11:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-18-2010, 12:04 AM by Hawk Kriegsman.)
Ok let me see if I have this straight.

jomni is sending the file to Troll and Troll is getting the file error message.

Is this correct?

If so I need the file that jomni sent to Troll sent from jomni to me. ([email protected]). Please sent it both zipped and not zipped.

Troll to speed up the process you could forward jomni's turn email to me also.

From Troll I need his password for the scenario (a PM or simple e-mail would be fine).

Then I can see if I can open the file that jomni sent.

Thanx!

Hawk
08-18-2010, 02:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-18-2010, 02:31 AM by Troll.)
That is correct, I get the screen freeze after Jaysons battle replay.

Just something else to add. I had air and arty planed for my turn after the axis battle replay. We tried to play the turn maybe 5 times and some times the air attacks would partially happen and some times they would not before the screen would freeze. None of the arty plotted fired. So my best guess would be that when I zipped my turn and sent it to Jayson, that maybe some of the turn code was not sent and or maybe after Jayson sent his turn which would involve my air and arty was lost while zipping. So if code is missing we have phantom units and the game will freeze or error message will come up.

file sent with PW

Thanks

Joe
08-18-2010, 03:44 AM,
Hello Joe,

I take it this is the first turn you cannot get past, correct?

I have the file you sent but I cannot open it with the password given.

I sent you an e-mail.

Based on what you described it sounds like one of you have version 1.03 and the other has 1.04.

I await your e-mail response.

Thanx!

Hawk