• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Do you watch the reply in a PBEM game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Always
39.13%
9 39.13%
Most of the time
13.04%
3 13.04%
Depends on the situation
43.48%
10 43.48%
Never
4.35%
1 4.35%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do you watch the replay on PBEM?
08-11-2010, 11:52 PM,
RE: Do you watch the replay on PBEM?
I watch every turn. I am still learning the game so I'm trying to soak up as much knowledge as possible. That being the case I sometimes wish the playback could be slowed down a bit. There's lots of info that can be gathered in each playback.
But then I'll rush into my turn and do something stupid like back a tank into battle without realizing it's facing the wrong way.
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2010, 10:01 AM,
I would say a qualified always as there is information in the replay seen no where else. An example is an enemy unit that moves into then out of your LOS. If you only see the ending positions, you might miss this movement.

There are times when I do skip a replay in a game. Examples already given in this thread apply, like when the game is already decided.

I find the replays in SB more susceptible to "bugging out" than in the PzC series which I am more familiar with. I have had more turn replays failing in SB. Not sure what causes it. The only cure I am aware of is to exit the game then reload the turn and skip the replay.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
08-12-2010, 10:15 AM,
I usually watch but it is situational for me. As most have said, in some games it just isn't needed as much in the first place. Some scenarios it is vital.

The opening of the game it is critical to use it. Depending on what I am doing, the lay of the land, and many other variables, it will vary from there.
08-13-2010, 05:22 AM,
(08-12-2010, 10:01 AM)Dog Soldier Wrote: I would say a qualified always as there is information in the replay seen no where else. An example is an enemy unit that moves into then out of your LOS. If you only see the ending positions, you might miss this movement.

There are times when I do skip a replay in a game. Examples already given in this thread apply, like when the game is already decided.

I find the replays in SB more susceptible to "bugging out" than in the PzC series which I am more familiar with. I have had more turn replays failing in SB. Not sure what causes it. The only cure I am aware of is to exit the game then reload the turn and skip the replay.

Dog Soldier

I think the key to preventing bugs is to take your hand off the mouse and let things play themselves out without touching the screen. It's why every SB game I have is set as having the 2D Zoom-Out as the default opening screen.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
08-14-2010, 07:48 AM,
I have been using the 2D zoom in as default. I give your idea try.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp