• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Do you watch the reply in a PBEM game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Always
39.13%
9 39.13%
Most of the time
13.04%
3 13.04%
Depends on the situation
43.48%
10 43.48%
Never
4.35%
1 4.35%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do you watch the replay on PBEM?
08-11-2010, 03:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-11-2010, 03:02 AM by TheBigRedOne.)
Do you watch the replay on PBEM?
Simple enough question, no?

I've been trying to get back into the PBEM world a little more lately. My real world stuff, coupled with my SB related work has kept me from being as active as I'd like to be, and my chops have been a little rusty.

Since getting back into playing multiple games at once, I'm finding that I don't always watch the replay. Early in a game I do, just to catch a glimpse at where my opponent may be trying to maneuver. If I'm play-testing a scenario, I usually do as well because I want to offer the right input to the designer as the game goes along. If I'm playing a boot-camper I watch as well because I try to point out some things they may want to consider, although I'm getting my ass kicked right now by one, so perhaps he should be pointing out my mistakes.....

I've found if I'm the thick of the end-game, I tend to skip over the replay because I want to get to my strategy. I'll look around and see what has happened, but I don't always need to watch the entire thing, especially in a scenario that has some size to it. The replay can't take quite a bit of time.

First thing I always do is check the victory status to see where I am and what things I need to consider when making my turn.

What about you gentlemen?
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2010, 04:46 AM,
RE: Do you watch the replay on PBEM?
I try to watch as much as possible. At the begining of a game I will watch all of the replays especially if I'm on the defensive.

As the game advances I will probably watch less. Once I feel that I know where the opposition cards are going to fall I will skip most of the replays. Though this has caught me out a few times with late arriving reinforcements.

Overall, I think the more you watch the better your results.
08-11-2010, 06:46 AM,
I am more like Nik. The early turns yes, later, not so much.

I do wish there was a 'Fast Replay' toggle like there is for Fast AI processing.
08-11-2010, 07:48 AM,
I watch usually the 1st few turns just to try and get a feel for what the other guy is doing or I watch more if it is a scenario if I have not played but if I have played it a few times I tend to watch the replays less
08-11-2010, 09:41 AM,
I very rarely watch it, although I've often been told I should by players who usually beat me. ;) It can take a lot of time, which is usually at a premium.

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier

08-11-2010, 11:13 AM,
I watch it
08-11-2010, 11:59 AM,
Depends on the situation and type of scenario.

During early stages, during a critical stage of the battle or obviously such as meeting engagement where its important to see where your enemy is I watch it.

Some of static type battles either as attacker or defender, or if battle has pretty much been decided then I will skip it.
Would be nice to watch the replay all the time but like others time is a precious resource
244 games with legend that is Richie61
08-11-2010, 04:54 PM,
I watch it to know which squads took casualties.
Send this user an email
08-11-2010, 08:42 PM,
I always watch. The replay offers valuable recon info that you may miss.
08-11-2010, 09:29 PM,
Watching repleys carefully vital. I saw lots of scenarios lost because player didnt give attention to his enemy's moves. I always watch them. SB turn doesn't take much time.