• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Accidental moves...
07-22-2010, 07:40 PM,
RE: Accidental moves...
I regard accidental moves as a reality of the battlefield and continue. However sometimes games crash and thats an undesired exception as long as you have the consent of your opponent as Alan mentioned.

You cannot reload moves at SB's campaign mode as in Napppy and ACW campaigns. Maybe that can be something to apply for SB.
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-2010, 07:37 AM,
(07-22-2010, 10:47 AM)jomni Wrote: Good points. I was only pointing out the only way that I know off. Shouldn't encourage people from doing it. As for me I won't bother correcting an accidental move.

Shouldn't the game use a same random seed that makes results somewhat consistent despite reloading. This is what's being done in WITP.
The results will be generally consistent, but as with any "die roll" with computations involved, it could have a different result with significant ramifications.

I just finished a game with Mad_dog (which we are mirroring now)...Blocking Action at Lipki (from AoTR). This one has a few tanks on both sides. Very tight victory parameters. Low overall number of units. The loss of 1 or 2 extra tanks at the wrong moment or place could be devastating. Reloading a turn to fix even an honest mistake could have a game tilting effect.

I have found that all can be worked out simply by being honest and immediately communicating to my opponent if anything out of the ordinary occurs. The most common problem I run into is not being able to "open" a game file (usually due to a difference in versions installed on players computers). Many of us probably play the same 5-10 opponents a large percentage of the time and honor is always on the table from what I have seen.
07-24-2010, 08:28 AM,
I tried this out, it did not work for Hotseat or PBEM games as the AI menu is set to "manual" by default and cannot be changed as described in post #9.

However when i set up a "normal" game with FOW turned on i could undo my move but i discovered you didn't have to change to 3D you could do this in normal 2D view.

So to my mind as long as this does not work for PBEM games there is not an issue. ;)

If anyone find different let me know.....
07-24-2010, 08:55 AM,
And as the whole reason the undo command exists is to allow you to roll back a move, but only in non-competitive type games, this makes complete sense. I also can't get it to work otherwise, in PzC. Foul, the reason for the switch to 3D was to limit the viewable area so that the enemy units couldn't be seen when the switch was flipped, not due to a requirement to get it to roll back the move :).

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
07-24-2010, 09:46 AM,
(07-24-2010, 08:55 AM)Ricky B Wrote: Foul, the reason for the switch to 3D was to limit the viewable area so that the enemy units couldn't be seen when the switch was flipped, not due to a requirement to get it to roll back the move :).

Rick

Ah, OK i see......;)