• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Time for a Mediterranean Squad Battles?
07-16-2010, 12:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-16-2010, 12:10 AM by Outlaw Josey Wales.)
RE: Time for a Mediterranean Squad Battles?
Med/NA would always be great no matter the time. I wouldn't mind seeing some huge scenarios for 82 and 101 in Normandy as well as Brit paras and commandos. A huge Market Garden split into 4 sectors with Brit paras, 82, 101 and Brit XXX Corps. Each section would possibly make for some great team games as well as one overall scenario connecting all 4 sections together. I'd love to see a way to implement the total fog of war that took place in Normandy with the AB forces. It would be a welcome surprise to have a couple squads approach a village intersection only to discover a couple friendly platoons already there. Or you have 8 squads at an intersection, 6 head ne toward their objective far away with the other two whose obj is se, do you send them that way on thier own, follow the other 6 for safety in numbers or leave them at the intersection hoping to pick up a few more of their own troops to head se. My mind wanders so much when I read great books. Those would be some challenge for scenario designers to create something that large in either of those campaigns, but if successful and popular, plenty of material out there for more like Stalingrad overall and broken into smaller sections, maybe by divisions, but team play would be endless. Maybe some of the wiser minds could make up a poll to see if there would be a lot of interest in maybe trying one.
Quote this message in a reply
07-16-2010, 12:34 AM,
RE: Time for a Mediterranean Squad Battles?
I also love to see Sqb cover France/low countries blitzkreig of 1940

This game engine would certainly be perfect for an Eban Emael assault scenario
244 games with legend that is Richie61
Quote this message in a reply