• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Time for a Mediterranean Squad Battles?
07-14-2010, 05:17 AM,
Time for a Mediterranean Squad Battles?
I could see conflicts and scenarios ranging from Greece, Crete and North Africa .

Lots of different countries armies involved and my favored time period of WW2, the early war with earlier equiptment.

Greece and Crete would have some interesting terrain maps also! Lots of choke points and hilly/rocky terrain
Quote this message in a reply
07-14-2010, 07:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-14-2010, 07:27 AM by Mad_Dog.)
RE: Time for a Mediterranean Squad Battles?
Everyone is wishing, hopefully it will come true. :)

I can see Italy becoming an infantry slog through the mud though, which isn't much fun in SB, at least not for me. It would need some good scenarios to pull it off.

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier

07-14-2010, 07:37 AM,
Well I do think the Med is more than just the boot of Italy! No matter what the Italians say. ;) Though I think that having a full Cassino map would be sweet for scenario design....
07-14-2010, 07:39 AM,
I played Conquest of the Aegean and there where some good scenarios there, the terrain in Greece was fun, lots of hills and valleys that made for interesting avenues of approach.

A few Crete scenarios would also be interesting involving German paratroopers.

Who could not want some scenarios involving the DAK and Desert Rats in North Africa? Lots of armored scout cars,recon units, Panzer III's/IV's and those lousy Italian tanks M13/40's? Lining up the enemy advance with your AT guns waiting to open up, all sounds like fun to me :)
07-14-2010, 09:35 AM,
Don't get me wrong, I would love an Italian game. Both my grandfathers fought there. Ortona would be great for SB, and my dad's father was in the Westminster Motorized regiment, that crossed the Melfa River, and somehow the Shermans pushed back the Panthers. Pretty cool stuff...

North Africa would be great too. All of the early war tanks going at it, especially the Stuarts. I can't get enough of those.

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier

07-14-2010, 12:14 PM,
(07-14-2010, 07:37 AM)cazart! Wrote: Well I do think the Med is more than just the boot of Italy! No matter what the Italians say. ;) Though I think that having a full Cassino map would be sweet for scenario design....

Ahh Cassino, that would be fun! For the moment I completely forgot about that one. Since it was hit at least 4 times I would vote for at least having the scenario where the allies did take it and perhaps one of the earlier assaults where they failed
07-14-2010, 03:31 PM,
Now that second half of Eastern Front has finally arrived. I love to see the Med even in two games North Africa including early Italian campaigns and Greece/Balkans 41/Italy 44 in another.
244 games with legend that is Richie61
07-14-2010, 08:11 PM,
(07-14-2010, 03:31 PM)Laza Wrote: Now that second half of Eastern Front has finally arrived. I love to see the Med even in two games North Africa including early Italian campaigns and Greece/Balkans 41/Italy 44 in another.

Another very promising Med topic is the guerilla warfare; Italy and Yugoslavia. It will also be a good opportunity to add the invasion of southern France.
07-14-2010, 10:57 PM,
The guerilla thing would be very nice. I was really glad to find some of those partisan scenarios in Red Victory. Great idea as it they are seldomly found in wargames.
07-15-2010, 12:21 AM,
This was done a while ago, but it gives you an idea of what people are looking for in newer SB titles.

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...light=poll
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4