• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Do You Plan to Purchase Modern Wars?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
70.97%
22 70.97%
No
29.03%
9 29.03%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How Many CS Players Plan to Purchase Modern Wars?
07-21-2010, 07:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-21-2010, 07:55 PM by jomni.)
RE: How Many CS Players Plan to Purchase Modern Wars?
I don't dare play scenarios that large so it's not a priority fix for me.
Is playing battles that large really popular to warrant a priority fix?
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2010, 08:18 PM,
(07-21-2010, 07:55 PM)jomni Wrote: I don't dare play scenarios that large so it's not a priority fix for me.
Is playing battles that large really popular to warrant a priority fix?

It was designed to be a large team game and to try out the various units in the latest patch, i.e, trains, ferries, bombers,air recon, etc.,etc.
Having spent a year building it, it was disappointing to find that the Army Hq wasn't supporting anything!
Maybe it isn't a popular battle to play for many but, the point is,having purchased the game you would like it to work properly and, if it doesn't, then fix it?
07-21-2010, 08:28 PM,
[/quote]

From memory Jason, in WF, when the Army HQ command range is highlighted, it shows only 2or3 hexes range.
I thought Huib was gonna sort it with you sometime ago when I mentioned it to him and it was posted on Matrix forum also?

[/quote]

I have found that when an Army HQ is stacked with its leader in some WF scenarios the command range can be sverely reduced to only a few hexs. Simply move out the leader and the range will return to normal. My best example is "A Close Thing". Simply by moving von Veitinghoff away from the German army hq the range goes to normal. I haven't really noticed that in any of the Chronicles scenarios or campaigns but will check sometime to see. A bug ?...yes.... a major problem?.....not with the large range of an army hq........send the general up front to lead the charge :-)
VE

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
07-21-2010, 08:30 PM,
After seeing all this nonsense can I change my vote to the other side please? :rolleyes:

Thanx!

Hawk
07-21-2010, 10:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-21-2010, 10:44 PM by Kool Kat.)
(07-21-2010, 08:18 PM)glint Wrote: Maybe it isn't a popular battle to play for many but, the point is,having purchased the game you would like it to work properly and, if it doesn't, then fix it?

Why don't you document and post your bug fix request to the Matrix MCS User WISHLIST Thread ... and send an email to Jason too?

Help ensure that this bug is fixed in the next patch release? :chin:
(07-21-2010, 08:12 AM)Scud Wrote: Anyway, it's all good. Buy the new game or don't, to each his own.

Kind of sums up the thread?

Almost a "Hawkism" - yes? :eek1: :bow:
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
07-22-2010, 03:21 AM,
(07-21-2010, 08:28 PM)Von Earlmann Wrote: A bug ?...yes.... a major problem?.....not with the large range of an army hq........send the general up front to lead the charge :-)

True enough, von Earlmann. The leader has no positive effect on the Army HQ, so a new task is in order.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
07-22-2010, 03:22 AM,
(07-21-2010, 10:41 PM)Kool Kat Wrote: Kind of sums up the thread?

Almost a "Hawkism" - yes? :eek1: :bow:

Yes indeed! :smoke:

I like the way you think. cheers

Thanx!

Hawk
07-22-2010, 04:45 AM,
Some designers disregard scale and stretch the limits of the game itself. Finding what are called "bugs" is becoming an art form? ;)

I kinda like the game having some bugs in it.
What would the constant complainers have to bitch about if it were perfect? :chin:

cheers

HSL
07-22-2010, 05:15 AM,
If the game allows certain size scenarios to be built, then one is not stretching the limits? As to scale, we all know what it is, it's in the manual!
KK - it was posted on Matrix and brought to the notice of one of the Squad, but there didn't appear to be a response? Indeed, Jason only seems to be aware of it from this thread?
Ed - If you're happy with the bugs that's fine with me, but I don't remember you buying the game for me?
07-22-2010, 06:03 AM,
Gents: :smoke:

Any players who wish to read Jason's entire response to my Patch 1.05 questions... please click on this Matrix Forum URL link: CS Game Patch 1.05 ETA & Content
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email