• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Do You Plan to Purchase Modern Wars?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
70.97%
22 70.97%
No
29.03%
9 29.03%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How Many CS Players Plan to Purchase Modern Wars?
07-10-2010, 02:32 AM,
How Many CS Players Plan to Purchase Modern Wars?
Gents: :smoke:

Curious as to how many CS players plan to purchase Modern Wars Volume I when it becomes available from Matrix? :chin:

I will purchase it! Big Grin It looks like it is going to be a good one! cheers

Modern Wars: Volume I is two games in one: Vietnam and the Middle East, covering conflicts in those regions between 1948 and 1985.

BTW... I did ask Jason the following question on the Matrix Forums:

What will be the learning curve for Modern Wars?

Jason's reply:

"As with the traditional Campaign Series, it will be quick to learn, but difficult to master.

I am creating a section in the manual for the "Veterans" of the Campaign Series, so they don't have to read the manual in its entirety before they get going. (Even though everyone should!)

The biggest thing to keep in mind is the many decades of time span the game covers and with that time span comes significant advancements in technology. I would highly recommend veteran players start with the early war scenarios and then proceed to later scenarios. I believe a veteran player will be quickly overwhelmed with a Lebanon 1982 scenario when trying to play with Campaign Series tactics.

Additionally, as the years progress the weapons become more leathal.

The Vietnam game has some unique features; for example, the ability to "clear" a jungle hex to create an LZ.

Helicopters are available in both games. In the Middle East game you will find them in the Algerian scenarios with the French, the Yemen scenarios for the British and various other battles. Learning how to use them for transport, gun support and tank hunting will take time, as with learning their limitations. There is a French in Algeria scenario that is an excellent practice scenario for honing your basic helicopter skills and recommend everyone play it... a few times.

While the fundamentals are the same, it is a new beast."
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2010, 03:26 AM,
RE: How Many CS Players Plan to Purchase Modern Wars?
(07-10-2010, 02:32 AM)Kool Kat Wrote: Curious as to how many CS players plan to purchase Modern Wars Volume I when it becomes available from Matrix? :chin:

I will purchase it! Big Grin It looks like it is going to be a good one! cheers

Modern Wars: Volume I is two games in one: Vietnam and the Middle East, covering conflicts in those regions between 1948 and 1985.

Thanks for the post and the quick Q & A with Jason. Looking forward to Modern Wars.
07-10-2010, 06:20 AM,
After waiting for many upgrades to bugs to the JTCS for some time and still awaiting version 1.05, I ain't gonna rush out and buy another Matrix creation in a hurry !
07-10-2010, 06:55 AM,
I'm sure I will pick it up eventually, but it probably won't be in the first month of release.

Mike
07-10-2010, 07:57 AM,
It is not often that a new CS game comes along. If I didn't already have it I would buy it straight away.
07-11-2010, 12:58 AM,
Yep, I will purchase one. Someone has to help uncover the bugs & resolve the problems.
07-11-2010, 01:06 AM,
This is first I've heard of this, do you have a link with more info?

Thanks in advance
07-11-2010, 01:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-11-2010, 01:30 AM by Herr Straße Laufer.)
Here is a link to the Matrix forums:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp...=1&smode=1

Here is a link to a thread that discusses Modern Wars:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2377369

cheers

HSL
(07-11-2010, 12:58 AM)Big Dawg Wrote: Yep, I will purchase one. Someone has to help uncover the bugs & resolve the problems.

Well said Jack!
Someone needs to do it. :chin:
Why not it be the ones who love the game as much as they claim to love it? :smoke:
I think of it as giving back for the joys we receive. :whis:

cheers

HSL
07-11-2010, 01:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-11-2010, 08:22 PM by Crossroads.)
Voted yes.

Korean War should be interesting! :smg:

EDIT: Korean War will be in MW2 - guess I will have to buy that as well!
Visit us at CSLegion.com
07-11-2010, 05:49 AM,
I voted maybe... Twice.
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email