• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Do You Plan to Purchase Modern Wars?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
70.97%
22 70.97%
No
29.03%
9 29.03%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How Many CS Players Plan to Purchase Modern Wars?
07-12-2010, 01:39 AM,
RE: How Many CS Players Plan to Purchase Modern Wars?
I will wait 6-8 weeks after release to get it, my experience of Matrix is that that is when the killer bugs are found and an initial patch is released.

Bugs found after this period are usually minor niggles/moans by players and I can live with those.
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2010, 09:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-12-2010, 09:17 AM by Von Earlmann.)
I guess not
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
07-16-2010, 10:50 AM,
Hi,

musst agree with Von Earlmann ....
JTCS is a good game for WW2 simulation of tank warfare in a "condensed" way.
But if i need an nearly 100% simulation of modern tank warfare then i prefere
SteelBeastPro PE (actual discuss over the new update and Screenshot from the engine http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/show...hp?t=14334 ).
The simulation that uses many NATO Armees to train here Tank crews.
(The Army use the StealBeastPro version - without "PE" (PersonalEdition) )
Actual computer can simulate this in a realy high accurate way, but many players
prefere the more TableTop play style ....

Regards
R-TEAM
07-19-2010, 12:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-19-2010, 12:04 PM by jomni.)
What were your impressions regarding Divided Ground?
I was not really able to play a lot of it back in the days.
But CSMW may just bring back the DG memories.

BTW, Steal Beats is a tank sim. Why compare with that? Unless you intend to play it by giving commands on the map.
Send this user an email
07-20-2010, 05:52 AM,
(07-19-2010, 12:03 PM)jomni Wrote: What were your impressions regarding Divided Ground?
I was not really able to play a lot of it back in the days.
But CSMW may just bring back the DG memories.

BTW, Steal Beats is a tank sim. Why compare with that? Unless you intend to play it by giving commands on the map.

I believe that Divided Ground had some rather severe design problems? CSMW may be an attempt to "correct" the DG oversights?
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
07-20-2010, 07:36 AM,
Well, in my earlier post about waiting for bugs to be fixed and that putting me off purchasing MW, I would say that things like an Army HQ having no supply range is a pretty serious bug? I continue building scenarios and find niggly things wrong, after hours of work. Working on battle generator maps sees village/town hexes not sitting comfortably in the hex.
As mentioned before, when someone pays their money for a product, you should expect the finished product. How long is it now since JTCS was up for sale and we are still waiting for v1.05 to hopefully correct many bugs?
As far as the poll is concerned, I'm only interested in WW2. If there had been better support for correcting JTCS then I may have bought MW, just to sate my curiosity, but as it is, a big no!
07-20-2010, 04:33 PM,
Funny, but I'm still enjoying JTSC bugs and all and find it to be a quality WW2 game with a lot gaming hours to offer.
Send this user an email
07-20-2010, 05:32 PM,
(07-20-2010, 07:36 AM)glint Wrote: Well, in my earlier post about waiting for bugs to be fixed and that putting me off purchasing MW, I would say that things like an Army HQ having no supply range is a pretty serious bug? I continue building scenarios and find niggly things wrong, after hours of work. Working on battle generator maps sees village/town hexes not sitting comfortably in the hex.
As mentioned before, when someone pays their money for a product, you should expect the finished product. How long is it now since JTCS was up for sale and we are still waiting for v1.05 to hopefully correct many bugs?
As far as the poll is concerned, I'm only interested in WW2. If there had been better support for correcting JTCS then I may have bought MW, just to sate my curiosity, but as it is, a big no!
Diagree here. JCTS is more of a finished product and has less bugs than the majority of other software, including that what most people will have to use daily in their work (speaking from experience here). Don't forget "Matrix" for JCTS is 80% Jason, 15% Wyatt and then 5% other folks who help him out. So about 1,5 person who have to do the support of JTCS AND the developement of MW in whatever time they have besides their daily job.
How many hours enjoyment did you have for the 30$ or so you had to pay for JCTS? And how many other PC games can match that record?
Let's not be over-critical.
Btw I'm sure MW will sell itself once word of mouth starts to spread from those who will buy it straight away.
I used to be interested only in WWII, but since I had the opportunity to make a few scenarios for MW, my interest in that era was raised as well. It can work that way around as well.

Huib
07-20-2010, 07:29 PM,
(07-20-2010, 05:32 PM)Huib Versloot Wrote: JCTS is more of a finished product and has less bugs than the majority of other software, including that what most people will have to use daily in their work (speaking from experience here). Don't forget "Matrix" for JCTS is 80% Jason, 15% Wyatt and then 5% other folks who help him out. So about 1,5 person who have to do the support of JTCS AND the developement of MW in whatever time they have besides their daily job.
How many hours enjoyment did you have for the 30$ or so you had to pay for JCTS? And how many other PC games can match that record?
Let's not be over-critical.
Btw I'm sure MW will sell itself once word of mouth starts to spread from those who will buy it straight away.
I used to be interested only in WWII, but since I had the opportunity to make a few scenarios for MW, my interest in that era was raised as well. It can work that way around as well.

Huib

Very well said. :thumbs_up:
This has also peeked my interest in MW.

cheers

HSL
07-20-2010, 09:21 PM,
(07-20-2010, 05:32 PM)Huib Versloot Wrote: Diagree here. JCTS is more of a finished product and has less bugs than the majority of other software, including that what most people will have to use daily in their work (speaking from experience here).

Very true sir! I work for a major IT company... and nearly every day we have Microsoft OS patches that must be downloaded and installed... because of all the bugs and security flaws in our current versions! :eek1:

(07-20-2010, 05:32 PM)Huib Versloot Wrote: I used to be interested only in WWII, but since I had the opportunity to make a few scenarios for MW, my interest in that era was raised as well. It can work that way around as well.

I too had originally swore off any "modern" warfare games... but with MW using the same game engine and tactical combat scale as our beloved CS... it looks VERY interesting to this player... and I plan to purchase it when released. :cool2:
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email