• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

TCIII Nashville
06-02-2010, 07:43 AM,
RE: TCIII Nashville
Not at all, but maybe our "Chuck" did a long time ago.
[Image: exercise.png]
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2010, 08:08 AM,
(06-02-2010, 07:43 AM)Ricky B Wrote: Not at all, but maybe our "Chuck" did a long time ago.
Hmmmmmm intresting.......:chin:
06-02-2010, 12:10 PM,
I wrote a nice AAR on the event only to have my internet connection poop out on me & I lost the entire text. So I will have to investigate my now unreliable internet connection & give an abbreviated version.

The decision to hold TC3 in conjunction with NashCon was wise. I didn't get over to their side of the hall too often but many of them came over to check out the games. They all showed a lot of interest & some even bought a few games. It was a good cooperative effort.

I was able to play 3 or 4 games of France14 HTH against RickyB. From the start it was obvious that VM has put a tremendous amount of work & thought into this game. To say that the OOB info, background history & game notes are thorough would be an understatement. They are literally hundreds of pages. I would highly recommend that before anyone plays that they read the notes on tactics & how to play the different armies. Although the interface will be familiar, this ain't PzC. Read the notes - they explain the dynamics of early WWI warfare better than I ever could.

Second, the round table discussions about the operational series of games were very informative. I would just say to all out there in Blitz-land that your comments & suggestions are at the least being read, if not in actuality being acted upon. Unlike the ill-informed comments you'll occasionally see out there, the PzC series is not stagnant but being improved upon all the time.

Finally, I met a bunch of great people at TC3. A lot of ideas were exchanged and although we always didn't agree what was good or not good for the series these conversations were both thought provoking & insightful. I do want to specifically mention Mike, VM, RickyB, Dave (aka Blackie) and last but not least, Glenn Saunders. We shared a lot good ideas about the operational games and a lot of laughs also.

In conclusion, I'm not fully convinced about how truthful the story about Chuck is but I intend to investigate further & get to the bottom of it. :P
06-02-2010, 03:59 PM,
Is there any chance we can get a tiller con to los Angelas?
06-02-2010, 10:42 PM,
Well Al, I think it is worth a little more probing, but I hope this is the last of it, at least for now.:rolleyes:
06-03-2010, 05:15 AM,
Did anyone take some pictures of TC3 that they don't mind sharing? Maybe we were so busy talking that no one remember to take any?
Send this user an email
06-03-2010, 06:00 AM,
(06-03-2010, 05:15 AM)Volcano Man Wrote: Did anyone take some pictures of TC3 that they don't mind sharing? Maybe we were so busy talking that no one remember to take any?

Ernie Sands took quite a few. Here's the link.

http://www.hist-sdc.com/index.html
06-03-2010, 06:22 AM,
Good pics - but I didn't see Chuck in any.
[Image: exercise.png]
06-03-2010, 06:32 AM,
(06-03-2010, 06:00 AM)Al Wrote:
(06-03-2010, 05:15 AM)Volcano Man Wrote: Did anyone take some pictures of TC3 that they don't mind sharing? Maybe we were so busy talking that no one remember to take any?

Ernie Sands took quite a few. Here's the link.

http://www.hist-sdc.com/index.html

Thanks! It took me a while to find it, but I see it now (on the far right in the blog section).
Send this user an email
06-03-2010, 07:06 AM,
(06-03-2010, 06:22 AM)Ricky B Wrote: Good pics - but I didn't see Chuck in any.

I think he spent most of his time hanging around the restrooms. :chin: