• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

VISTA PROBLEMS
06-26-2010, 07:34 AM,
RE: VISTA PROBLEMS
(06-26-2010, 07:31 AM)FLG Wrote:
(06-26-2010, 07:27 AM)Glenn Saunders Wrote:
(06-26-2010, 07:09 AM)FLG Wrote: Did you get a solution to this problem. I ahve just upgraded to Vista and I am having the same problem

(I did install the games to a folder in c: and not c:\program files)

I asked that this BTE file which works in XP but not Vista, be sent to us while we were at the Tillercon as we had access to all games, and OS and thus in a perfect place to look into this.

Unfortunately the BTE file was not from a standard Scn from the game - it was a downloaded SCN file and the other files such as teh OOB file was not included so we couldn't open the BTE file to see the problem.

If you have a file from a stadnard scn that works in XP but not Vista then please send it to HPS Support and Rich can see what he thinks about it.

If it is just a problem in Vista it might be something else and again Rich will be able to help you best.

Also note, he just left on a short family holiday so give him a week or so to get back to you on this.

Glenn

this is a Volcano Man modded scenario of the Grand Campaign. It uses modded pdt and oob files. I could package up the lot and sdend it to HPS if it would help?
Quote this message in a reply
06-27-2010, 04:55 AM,
(06-26-2010, 07:31 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote: I have Vista and what I do is this: I create a folder directly in C called, for example, F14, and just load everything into that folder. Stay away form "program files" and "HPS." It should work fine. jonny :whis:

I will try that tomorrow if I get chance, see if it helps
06-28-2010, 05:33 AM,
(06-27-2010, 04:55 AM)FLG Wrote:
(06-26-2010, 07:31 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote: I have Vista and what I do is this: I create a folder directly in C called, for example, F14, and just load everything into that folder. Stay away form "program files" and "HPS." It should work fine. jonny :whis:

I will try that tomorrow if I get chance, see if it helps

Hi Jonny

I tried reinstalling in c:\Minsk44 but it didn't help

Sodding Vista
06-28-2010, 06:29 AM,
I tried reinstalling in c:\Minsk44 but it didn't help

How about creating the C: Minsk44 folder first, and attempting to install. jonny
:hissy:
06-30-2010, 07:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-30-2010, 07:53 AM by FLG.)
I tried that Jonny but no joy on that either. I did create a couple of PBEM test games under Vista and sent them to my opponent and they both came back fully functional. Go figure.

I am going to send this of to HPS and see if they can figure it out.

Regards

Marc
OK, on the plus ide I have figured it out :thumbs_up:

On the minus side it was just typical operator error :thumbs_down:

I hadn't downloaded the correct scenario files

I thought I was playign a VM alt scenario but I was actually playing Sgt Fury's campaign. When I downloaded the correct files everything was OK

I think I am going to slope off and hide under a rock somewhere
07-02-2010, 01:36 AM,
"I think I am going to slope off and hide under a rock somewhere."

That will be 20 demerits Lieutenant, and you're assigned as unit PLO (Permanent Latrine Orderly). jonnyWhip
07-13-2010, 04:58 AM,
(06-28-2010, 06:29 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote: I tried reinstalling in c:\Minsk44 but it didn't help

How about creating the C: Minsk44 folder first, and attempting to install. jonny
:hissy:

I had the same problem. I couldn't for the life of me get my VM M'44 scenario to work.

HPS doesn't offer support for third-party games.

The games work for me only on XP (but not in XP emulation mode).
07-13-2010, 06:38 AM,
> HPS doesn't offer support for third-party games.

Lets be fair here - it is pretty difficult for someone to look at or address issues on third party scns when we don't have the files or could be looking at different versions of the files than you are. Far better to have these issues address by the person who made the file - OR - the situations be shown using standard game files.

I know a lot of people get bitten by not being able to get help with Volcano's _Alt scns, understand these _Alt Packs come with art which are images "mined" from all sorts of various sources on the Internet and some of you may not know that John Tiller was once sued by a company who claimed artwork was "stolen" - so he is understandably touchy about any art or images showing up in new games which are not his. As a result - I avoid loading art packs of any kind. That way I can't accidently use an image from an Art Pack in a new game should I require a tank or a gun from a previous title.

Besides, Ed supports is stuff as well as HPS Support the standard stuff. And there is enough experienced Players on the forum who can read these files and translate issues to regular HPS files so we can have things address by John Tiller when\if required.

Glenn
Send this user an email
07-13-2010, 07:39 AM,
I agree, it is MS and the usless Vista OS that are your problem, not HPS.
07-13-2010, 08:10 AM,
"the usless Vista OS that are your problem, not HPS."
My Vista OS system deeply regrets and is highly offended at your underhanded and unseemly attack upon Her Honore. The Gauntlet is thrown! Transistors at 20 paces! jonny :kill: