• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Tourny Interest?
06-03-2010, 05:01 AM,
RE: Tourny Interest?
I will put you up as a reserve at the moment. I need an even number of players. If another person signs up your in.
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2010, 06:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-03-2010, 06:50 AM by Mad Baron.)
So both games are simultaneous between the same 2 players? And then 1, highest-score winner out of all the pairings?

You randomly assign the opponents? Will there be individual awards like POS's old tournies for having participated as well?

Still need volunteers? (I might be interested.) :rolleyes:
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
06-03-2010, 07:12 AM,
-No the games will probably not be between the same two players, though it might work out that way.
-Winner will be a total points score from both games.
_Opponents are assigned from a formula I gave in the rules that all players look at. The rules are in the .ZIP file.
-I will try to give out participation awards. I am designing the main award now, though I will need some help as to size of file ect. I should be able to make up a participation ribbon or somethingas well.
-Take a look at the .ZIP'ed content and see what you think, if you are interested, let me know and you will be added. Closing date for no knew players will be Friday evening when I put together the players and who plays who. Once both games are going I will set on a date for both games to be finished by. There will be no exceptions to this date. I will try to make the date as fair as possible but not to drag out at all. The games are 25 turns fixed so they should play quite quickly with average file returns.
06-03-2010, 12:49 PM,
It all sounds good, and I like to support our club when I can...1500 pts. and 25 turns fixed is a very reasonable-sized game.

And we will get credit on the Ladder for 2 games of 1500/QB on completion? (I'm still working at getting 100 completed someday~haha)

I'll check the Zip...but I'd say I'm probably IN! Big Grin

(Was there a name for this one yet? A good name could lead to ideas for the top award/participation ribbons design....)
06-03-2010, 08:54 PM,
I like the idea of a strict time limit. However, I hope you will leave more time than not enough. Although 25 turns is not a big game, summer time can often get slower returns especially due to summer leave, etc. I for one, will be gone for a full three weeks to Jordan in July so there will be no turns during that time.

Thanks for taking that into consideration.

Von K
06-04-2010, 02:42 AM,
What I plan on doing is emailing everyone and asking them when they can get the games completed by. I understand that it is summer so it will take a little longer then normal.
06-04-2010, 11:51 AM,
A reminder that all files must be returned to me by tomorrow evening. Any players that do not get the files in in time will be dropped from the tourny. If there is an odd number of players left, I will step in and take the place of someone in order to keep the others able to play.
06-04-2010, 04:44 PM,
Hey, is there any room left. It would be my first tourney?
06-05-2010, 12:33 AM,
Sure, I will make up the final player if we have an odd number. Get your file to me.
06-05-2010, 06:35 AM,
Rommel's Nemesis can have my spot -- I am going to have to sit this one out....:conf: