• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Bite the Bullet Tournament
01-17-2011, 05:24 AM,
RE: Bite the Bullet Tournament
Is there any chance to reanimate this tournament?
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2011, 11:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-15-2011, 11:28 AM by Lizardking.)
Gday all, Have been away from the game for a while and was playing a tournament game against somebody (sorry can't remember) and would like to continue. I'm sorry to my opponent, had RL stuff to do. Would love to continue this tournament.
Cheers
05-16-2011, 12:16 AM,
Pat's last visit to the club was Frid Jul 02, 2010 8:50 pm.
His last reported game was Jun 12, 2010.

Unless someone volunteers to take it over, so far no one has stepped up to do it so I would have to assume that is it done. :(

cheers

HSL
01-22-2012, 03:57 AM,
Hi All,

I tried to contact Pat and ask him if I could maybe take over the tournament from him but got no reply. If anyone is interested in this tournament continuing perhaps we can get the current contestants to respond to this post and then we can see if it can be saved or not. So guys who is still interested?

Regards,
Ashley
Send this user an email
01-22-2012, 04:30 AM,
I'm still in.

01-22-2012, 06:45 AM,
I'll still play. Think General Lee Ensyane would too.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
01-22-2012, 06:50 AM,
(01-22-2012, 06:45 AM)Scud Wrote: I'll still play. Think General Lee Ensyane would too.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I was looking at the bracket and I am finding it a little difficult to make out all the names of the contestants - do you have a list?

Regards,
Ashley
Send this user an email
01-22-2012, 07:09 AM,
And the bracket isn't up to date. I've won with Tide1 and it might be some others.
01-23-2012, 08:54 AM,
I don't. I had helped Pat with a place to host the tournament. I also found him some free software for making the brackets. The software gave out an html file which, I think (it'sbeen awhile) I brought into Photshop and made it a little more legible.

I don't think Pat ever gave me the last round of results when he went MIA, so that's why the bracket isn't up to date. I don't think it's more than one round, though, that wouldn't make sense.

Not sure it's worth it to resurrect this, but up to you. I can read the names on the bracket: http://www.lfmedia.com/dave/bite-the-bullet/bracket.htm

Control wheel mouse to zoom in.

If von Manstein beat Tide1, then it's him vs Ed for the next one. Ernst or Lizard King (he might not be around, haven't seen him in awhile) would play Otlig. Not sure about the losers bracket, but if it would help, we could bag it. I don't care and I'm sure my brother wouldn't either. Pat liked the thought of the losers playing off and getting a chance to get back in the winners bracket. He thought it would keep players interested longer.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
01-23-2012, 11:53 PM,
ATTENTION: Bite the Bullet Tournament
I have sent the message below to all the contestants that I could find in the Blitz member database. Can anyone remember Otlig? Anyone know what happened to him? Can't find him in the database at all...

Please get back to me if you have any information regarding the Bite the Bullet Tournament.

Quote:Hi,

I am in the process of trying to revive the Bite the Bullet Tournament of which you were a contestant. I would like to find out if you are available to continue in the Tournament and if you could please email me any information you may have regarding the tournament - Do you remember the last game you played and who your opponent was? Do you remember any results?

I am going to try and contact all the contestants this week and try and establish who is available - all contestants who I do not get hold of (I will try my best to get hold of you all) or do not respond to my messages will forfeit their positions within the Tournament and their opponents will move up the Bracket.

I look forward to hearing from you, please email me.

Regards,
Ashley
Send this user an email