• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Bite the Bullet Tournament
05-03-2010, 10:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-03-2010, 12:35 PM by Scud.)
Bite the Bullet Tournament
Gentlemen,

The temporary home for the Bite the Bullet official website can be found here:

http://www.lfmedia.com/dave/bite-the-bullet/

Eventually we hope to have a dedicated area for CS tournament files here at the Blitz.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2010, 03:00 PM,
RE: Bite the Bullet Tournament
Dave has done an outstanding job in providing a site to host our tournament and provide us with updated information.

All of you should click on the link provided in Dave's post.

Thank you so much Dave and thank all of you for joining the tournament.

Pat (Montana Grizz)

Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

05-06-2010, 02:49 AM,
Hi Pat and Dave

Thank you for taking your time in creating this tournament. Looks like fun.

Ernst
05-06-2010, 02:54 AM,
Smile  RE: Bite the Bullet Tournament
Hi Boris!

It's all Pat, I'm just helping him get it all set up and in place, but thanks.

How's the weather in the Canaries? :)

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
05-06-2010, 07:10 AM,
It's a bit cloudy here but warm during the day. Not so many tourists but will change in 2 weeks when 1500 triathletes from all over the world are doing the Ironman.

Boris
05-07-2010, 05:49 AM,
Sent you two a picture I took at noon today.

Pat

05-07-2010, 08:37 AM,
Snow!!
Send this user an email
05-07-2010, 09:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-07-2010, 09:48 AM by Montana Grizz.)
The deadline for the first round of matchups will be June 17th (of this year, please) :whis:

Yes Dave,

I've been in Montana for 32 years and have seen it snow in every month of the year, although July and August are relatively infrequent :rolleyes:

Having spent 25 years of my early life around Yuma, Arizona and northern Mexico, I prefer the cool-dry over the hot-dry. No air-conditioning required where I live, but a heavy duty heating device is a nice option Big Grin

I also spent 8 years near the beach in San Diego and must admit that the weather was consistantly nice, but boring :cool2:

How can one truly appreciate the good without the bad, the moral without the immoral, the beauty without the beast :chin:

cheers to all.

Pat
This "new" style of tournament could not have been run without the generous assistance of Scud (Dave).

I like the concept in that many tournaments die of boredom because they drag on forever and those that are not in contention after a couple of rounds find their enthusiasm turn to drudgery (spelling)?

In this tournament, you either have a chance to win it all or you are eliminated.

Hopefully, that will maintain interest among those that continue to be in the hunt.

Furthermore, your efforts are rewarded with a tournament participation badge even though you may be eliminated after four games, but not if you quit!

If this catches on, I can see further bracket tournaments with more than 16 participants. 16 is an optimum number because of bracket balance, but 18 or 20 or 22, etc. could compete with a first round that doesn't include all players. Sort of a pre-tournament qualifier and some participants wouldn't be playing every round.

The nice thing about the bracket system is that if a participant drops out, I don't have to find someone to replace them. The remaining player simply wins the round and advances to the next one.

My best,

Pat

05-31-2010, 01:39 PM,
Our tournament has been updated with the first reported results.

We will have results begin to come in on a regular basis now, so keep an eye on this site.

Pat

06-02-2010, 08:34 PM,
Can we have the actual points/result published just for a matter of interest please.

Cheers