• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Bite the Bullet Tournament
06-03-2010, 05:32 AM,
RE: Bite the Bullet Tournament
I will gladly publish the actual points Wayne if they are provided to me. However, the first reported game ended with two major victories for one side, so the actual points made little difference.

The actual points will indeed be important if we have a tie mirror game (draw-draw, minor-minor, etc.).

The results of each match can be accessed by looking up the member page of either participant and viewing their reported game result.

My best to each of you.

Pat

Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2010, 02:08 PM,
Thanks for that Pat. Bad luck on your game. Hows that, knocking out the tournament organiser in the first round....tut tut

Cheers

Wayne
06-06-2010, 02:07 AM,
Oh well, I lose more than my share of contests and will continue to do so I fear.

However, I enjoy playing and I still have a chance; just not a great one :-)

Salud,

Pat

06-15-2010, 07:18 AM,
Hello Generals,

The first round of the tournament is almost over and there are several matchups for the second round that you can begin immediately if your opponent is in agreement.

Second scenario:

"Still Full of Fight" WF

No official ending date for the second round at this time.

Pat

06-20-2010, 11:28 PM,
(06-15-2010, 07:18 AM)Montana Grizz Wrote: Hello Generals,

The first round of the tournament is almost over and there are several matchups for the second round that you can begin immediately if your opponent is in agreement.

Second scenario:

"Still Full of Fight" WF

No official ending date for the second round at this time.

Pat
This scenario is unfair as a mirror game as reinforments arrive with a 50% probablility. Something to be considered in scn choice imo.
06-21-2010, 12:18 PM,
Hello Huib,

I am very confused in regard to your opinion regarding the balance of the "Still Full of Fight" scenario :chin:

My choice of scenarios is based upon their reported result and give great weight to how they have been rated by the better Blitz players.

"Still Full of Fight" has been reported as 119 victories by the Allies and 125 victories by the Axis with 23 draws.

Persons such as Kernel T, Hawk, Tiger 88, Valor and Umbro rated the scenario balanced.

In fact, you rated the scenario balanced on three separate occasions Eek

Reinforcement percentages I am sure might play a factor in game balance, but there were so many "balanced" reports by top-tier players that I can only suspect that the reinforcement factor must have come into play during some of these games, yet they were rated as "balanced"!

I respect your opinon as a very good player and scenario designer, but I really don't have the time or inclination to look at reinforcement percentages with regard to each scenario I may chose for a tournament.

I am fairly confident in reported results and opinions.

I have enjoyed and been impressed by many of your scenarios and think that it would be interesting to host a tournament wherein all scenarios have been created by the same designer and would very much appreciate you providing me with 6 of your scenarios that you think would work well in a match-game tournament format.

My very best,

Pat

06-22-2010, 12:44 AM,
Pat,

So we're going ahead with this one? Just making sure, as I'm ready to start.

I understand what Huib is saying, the reinforcement percentage adds another degreee of luck that might tilt the balance, but since we're all subjected to unlucky die rolls anyway, I'm not sure it has to be an issue. Just another reason to pray for good luck. The players should probably be made aware, though.

Thanks,
Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
06-22-2010, 03:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-22-2010, 03:57 AM by Huib Versloot.)
It is not too big a deal, at least not in my game against Otlig although he got his US artillery 2 turns earlier than I did, but there are scenario's that can be decided by timing of reinforcements. Storm-555 is a good example.

The games should be balanced for a mirror game, so reinforcement schedules are in fact a more important criterion than the win / loss statistics. If people rate a scn balanced or not, or if it is statistically balanced is irrelevant in a mirror game based competition.

It is not that I really mind, I'll play anything that is presented, I just thought I'd mention it because it is true.
06-22-2010, 09:57 AM,
I appreciate the input Huib.

It is an aspect of scenario choice that I had not considered.

In the future, I will look at reinforcement percentages before picking a scenario.

Many have begun "Still Full of Fight", so we will continue with this scenario.

Thank you,

Pat

06-26-2010, 06:55 AM,
Hi Pat

Just to let you know Lizardking and me started our game. A bit delayed because of the football (soccer) world championship.

Ernst