• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Engineer Answers
05-07-2010, 11:19 AM,
RE: Engineer Answers
My wreck clearing situation occured in a relatively new game and involved two separate bridges across a major river.

With no wreck clearing equipment available, once the two bridges were blocked by the wrecks, the game was over.

I don't see how one can prevent wrecks from occuring in my particular situation? If a vehicle is on a bridge and it is shot at, there is the possibility that it will be destroyed and create a wreck.

Perhaps if the said vehicle is assaulted, it may retreat instead of being destroyed? I'm not certain about that. Perhaps someone can address that situation.

I could even see a situation wherein a person might place their armor on a bridge and then target them?

Let us assume that a scenario requires the attacker to cross a bridge to obtain at least a draw. Blocking that bridge hex with wrecks would be akin to destroying it.

Perhaps this is simply a matter of a scenario that needs to be adjusted so as to prevent a blocking technique?

Pat

Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2010, 06:49 PM,
(05-07-2010, 11:19 AM)Montana Grizz Wrote: Perhaps this is simply a matter of a scenario that needs to be adjusted so as to prevent a blocking technique?

Sometimes a designer does not see these types of consequences? :chin:

I remember playing two different West Front scenarios, the names escape me, that required bridge crossing to win the game. The designer put no engineers into the OOB. Once the bridges got clogged the games essentially ended. :eek1:Whip

cheers

HSL
05-08-2010, 07:52 AM,
(05-07-2010, 06:49 PM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote:
(05-07-2010, 11:19 AM)Montana Grizz Wrote: Perhaps this is simply a matter of a scenario that needs to be adjusted so as to prevent a blocking technique?

Sometimes a designer does not see these types of consequences? :chin:

I remember playing two different West Front scenarios, the names escape me, that required bridge crossing to win the game. The designer put no engineers into the OOB. Once the bridges got clogged the games essentially ended. :eek1:Whip

cheers

HSL

That seems right to me, Ed. Also, we need to remember the limitations of CS. In real life, in many cases wrecks could be pushed aside by one's own armour. That can't be done in our game. How many wrecks.... even 50 say. In an area of 250m by 250m!!!. In real life, you could drive an armoured corps through there without scratching the paint. It is a limitation imposed by the game.
05-08-2010, 11:03 AM,
Thank you Ed, Rod and Jason,

I understand the wreck clearing situation at this point.

Might I inquire in regard to whether assaulting a vehicle might result in that vehicle becoming a wreck or whether the vehicle will either retreat or simply disappear?

Thank you all for your kind assistance.

Pat

05-08-2010, 12:43 PM,
If an armoured vehicle is destroyed in an assault and is forced to retreat, they will leave a wreck.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
05-09-2010, 10:38 AM,
Thank you ever so much Jason.

Pat