• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

SPMBT challenge: Presovo Valley
05-03-2010, 04:49 PM,
RE: SPMBT challenge: Presovo Valley
I'm with Walrus here. You know that I'll participate pretty much every tourney and help as much as possible in testing issues but the way you've described your test has been so chaotic that I already had decided not to participate.
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2010, 08:55 AM,
Fair enough Vesku thats what thinking out loud gets you.
Walrus I dont have time to design one really just knock stuff up as time permits but find map making slow.
Anyway for those with more time who build em posted a thread with some ideas from Afgan thing I am currently working on.
05-05-2010, 03:09 AM,
(05-04-2010, 08:55 AM)Imp Wrote: Fair enough Vesku thats what thinking out loud gets you.
Walrus I dont have time to design one really just knock stuff up as time permits but find map making slow.
Anyway for those with more time who build em posted a thread with some ideas from Afgan thing I am currently working on.

I think the thread is drifting off from the original idea. How about this slightly more advanced version of a "scenario/battle-hybrid":

1. Player 2 opens the scenario in the editor and re-deploy the troops according to his preferences, within the general idea of the scenario (i.e. staying to the same general deployment line and not placing units further forward than the original position, troops coming in as re-inforcements should stay that way and so on). He saves the scenario (under a new name to not destroy it) and sends it to Player 1.

2. Player 1 does the same and starts the game using the new "modified" scenario.

3. A mirrored game is started in the same way.

4. Normal games are played, but scoring according to the original idea. That is: all VO's are added together, all battle points are added together, and scoring according to the Blitz excel sheet with the end result reported twice (since it is two games).

That would add a certain element of surprise since the original deployment is changed to a new one. It is not the original scenario, but something quite similar in terms of troops on the map. To drift off even more from the original scenario, but on the other hand add more fog of war and elements of surprise, the player could be allowed to change the troops as well (staying within the point limit and general idea of the scenario - if it is supposed to depicture lightly armed units fighting you shouldn't buy MBT's and helicopters, if you don't have any super-high tech troops to start with you shouldn't buy them, and so on).

I think if both players stay somewhat in line with the original intent of the scenario it would still feel more like playing a scenario than a "normal battle" on a custom map. Would require some gentlemens agreement and honest players but that's no different compared to a normal game.

/Fred
05-13-2010, 09:05 PM,
Apparently not much interest in this :)
I'd be willing to try this for another scenario as well.. or if nothing else helps I'd be glad to play an ordinary meeting engagement on a custom map. Anyone up for a game of any kind? Well, the limits are SPWW2 or SPMBT, and small to medium-sized battles (nothing really huge at least).
05-13-2010, 09:38 PM,
Not no intrest no time had 4 games going.
Willing to give it ago if we can sort something out, I dont think mirror works. Just noticed as checked I am back on the Ladder you are at the top with 6 straight wins, way to go.
Cant be having that though got to stop it with at least a draw.
Famous last words quite possibly but my guys are willing to die trying.
mail sent
05-14-2010, 05:48 AM,
(05-13-2010, 09:38 PM)Imp Wrote: Just noticed as checked I am back on the Ladder you are at the top with 6 straight wins, way to go.
Cant be having that though got to stop it with at least a draw.

Just lucky. Have a feeling Machean will beat you to that draw, or even a loss for me .. :rolleyes: