• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Features you'd like to see with SB
07-17-2010, 12:51 AM,
RE: Features you'd like to see with SB
I still think the map scaling could be way better. Enter buildings, different floors etc.

Rest and Refit. Some can actually reduce fatigue even while under fire. If they are in good cover and not being pounded by anything bigger than small arms, as long as they don't move, they are catching their breath so fatigue can reduce. It's an odd duck becuase some people will take longer to regain energy than others. Some can even rapid fire from left to right and back again without expending energy to do so while others could be exhausted for the same thing. I think that has alot to do with the level of adrenaline and excitement at the time, some get a kick out of it while others are scared to death. Tons of variables because so many people are different mentally and physically.

Anyway, mapscaling is a big one I think and of course I mentioned something about larger scenarios for team play if there would be enough interest in that area.
Quote this message in a reply
08-18-2010, 02:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-18-2010, 02:37 AM by Rabbit.)
This might already exist, but another recommended addition would be the capability for scenario designers to designate specific units on one side that are the only ones that can claim certain objectives (or that can use a specific exit hex).

This would enable certain types of "delivery" scenarios. For instance, you could create a scenario in which you have to get a leader to a designated hex, deliver cargo (i.e., transport trucks) to a particular destination, or rescue a hostage from behind enemy lines.
08-26-2010, 02:34 AM,
There are already Capture hexes which only count as points for the designated side - and exit hexes are also side specific. The only way to dictate which exit hex is used though would be to have only one...
08-26-2010, 03:09 AM,
Randomly seeded minefields.
08-31-2010, 12:06 AM,
A toolbar icon for "Hold Fire" (next to the "Select Load" icon)
08-31-2010, 12:25 AM,
(08-31-2010, 12:06 AM)Rabbit Wrote: A toolbar icon for "Hold Fire" (next to the "Select Load" icon)

I'll second this one in a big way.

I'd also like to see a 'fast replay' option for PBEM, similar to the Fast-AI processing.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
12-07-2011, 03:49 AM,
It would be nice if you could somehow toggle the "Visible Hexes" to be enabled by default for when you open your opponent's move and try to replay it.

By default, replays start with "Visible Hexes" disabled. Having it enabled helps you quickly spot where the action is happening. Unfortunately there can often be a long lag time from when you click to enable "Visible Hexes" and before it takes effect, as the system can often take a long time processing the replay before it gives contol back to your [keyboard/mouse] input.
12-08-2011, 02:33 AM,
3d maps. 2d counters are fine.

Random battle and/or campaign generator like in CS and be able to pbem with just a transfer of files to your opp. Also having the option to play with as much as a div if one so chooses. Myabe somebody wants to take a german inf bn from 39-45 or a pz div 41-45 etc etc. Any nationality that was involved. And have campaigns not dependant on whether a certain leader becomes a casualty, make it about the unnit as a whole, not one person.

I don't know, just rambling I guess.
12-08-2011, 04:16 PM,
I'd like to second the suggestion about enabling crews to bale out of immobile vehicles. I was playing the "Tanks In Trouble" scenario (versus the AI) from "The Korean War" the other day. One of my tanks was immobilized by a Chinese squad with an AT mine & all that I could do was try to kill as many of them as I could before the tank was destroyed & crew killed. I still won a Major Victory but it would have been nicer if I'd been able to get that crew to cover & at least deny the AI those Victory Points...
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
12-08-2011, 06:57 PM,
I would like to see points awarded for immobilising tanks from direct fire.