• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Volcano mods problem...
04-07-2010, 05:36 AM,
RE: Volcano mods problem...
As we are all chipping in. I haven't been able to log in for a while now. I tried with Firefox and IE8 and both are not having it. It usually complains about cookies. I have tried putting both on the lowest security settings but neither like it.

Why can't we just go back to the good old days of 486's and ftp
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2010, 05:41 AM,
When you try to login does it say something like "you are not authorized to view this" (or something like that)? If that is the case, thentry pressing CTRL F5 and logging in again and clear your cache. Otherwise, if it gives you some kind of error message like this, you can usually ignore it and go to the downloads sections and it will have you logged in. It does this to me on occasion too. :(
Send this user an email
04-07-2010, 05:51 AM,
I use Internet Explorer and have occasionally had problems. I do think it depends on where you click to download. One spot works better than the other but I can't remember whcih.
04-07-2010, 04:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-07-2010, 04:51 PM by Volcano Man.)
I don't want to fill up the Blitz's forum with posts about vmods.com but, I think it is important to post an update about the problem:

--------------

Ok, I have now updated the website to allow an alternate download method. Basically, if you have errors downloading the file normally, then you can also download the file by clicking directly on the sample portrait image (in the download list, click the sample image of the art pack on the left side of the download page). Doing this will bypass the download manager and should work with any and every browser type. You can try it out for yourself and see if you like.

Now you might ask, if this works then why not just click the sample portrait and download the file all the time? Well, you certainly can do this but I ask that if the normal download method works for you (clicking the link) then please continue to do it that way as it gives me valuable information relating to statistics.

Some day in the next year or so the website will get updated and hopefully fix all these problems and of course make many new problems. ;)
Send this user an email
04-07-2010, 09:33 PM,
Thanks for getting this problem sorted out (for me at least) Ed. :bow: To be completely honest I just can't picture myself playing these games (PzC & MC) anymore without your artwork installed.
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe