• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Volcano mods problem...
04-03-2010, 07:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-03-2010, 07:53 AM by Gasbag.)
Off Topic  Volcano mods problem...
Hi Ed:

I'm posting here in hopes that you'll see this. I am registered on your site & I'm having an awful time trying to download a file. I had to reinstall Kursk '43 & I've been trying to download that art pack all afternoon. The file gets to a certain point and then it quits and I'm left with a corrupted/invalid file. I'm using Firefox 3.6.3 (just updated this afternoon) to access the site. I've tried clearing the cache, the cookies, etc. and nothing seems to work. I even tried downloading Google Chrome but my anti virus blocked it from installing.

I'd appreciate any help that you could provide.

Thanks.
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2010, 07:31 AM,
RE: Volcano mods problem...
You might try posting on VM's site forum also to get his attention.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
04-03-2010, 07:52 AM,
(04-03-2010, 07:31 AM)Dog Soldier Wrote: You might try posting on VM's site forum also to get his attention.

Dog Soldier

Thanks. I did & I figured that I'd try posting here as well.
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
04-03-2010, 07:57 AM,
That should do it. Unless it is a beautiful spring day down on the gulf.... Big Grin

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
04-03-2010, 10:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-03-2010, 10:38 AM by Volcano Man.)
You summoned? :)

Ah yes DS... nice spring weather here today in Texas and I actually went outside for a while! *gasp*

I sent you an email Gasbag -- at least I think I sent it to you. :conf: Anyway, I think the problem might be with your Virus Scanner (or if you have something like ZoneAlarm).
Send this user an email
04-03-2010, 01:48 PM,
Was hav'in problems as well but my fix is simple, before you download the file shut down your firewall, then remember to switch it on after the download.
04-06-2010, 01:41 PM,
I am working on an alternate way to download the files, but it will take some time before I get it all setup. Anyway, I thought I would mention that I am trying to address the problem in many different ways.
Send this user an email
04-06-2010, 06:34 PM,
(04-06-2010, 01:41 PM)Volcano Man Wrote: I am working on an alternate way to download the files, but it will take some time before I get it all setup. Anyway, I thought I would mention that I am trying to address the problem in many different ways.

Okay Ed. Thanks for the update...:thumbs_up:
04-07-2010, 04:16 AM,
For some reason i also cannot DL files from VMods with IE 8 although i was able to do this in the past?? :conf:

Anyway i used Firefox to get round this issue, it was quick and easy to DL & install so no-one should worry about getting hold of Ed's files in the short term as there are very easy alternatives to IE. Big Grin
04-07-2010, 05:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-07-2010, 05:16 AM by Gasbag.)
(04-07-2010, 04:16 AM)Foul. Wrote: For some reason i also cannot DL files from VMods with IE 8 although i was able to do this in the past?? :conf:

Anyway i used Firefox to get round this issue, it was quick and easy to DL & install so no-one should worry about getting hold of Ed's files in the short term as there are very easy alternatives to IE. Big Grin

I have had Firefox for some time now as well and up until last Friday I had no problems with downloads from Ed's site. The trouble started when I needed to reinstall Kursk '43. Using Firefox I tried disabling the anti-virus & firewall and I also tried using his IE compatibility solution but neither worked. I even downloaded Google Chrome and I still got a :censored: corrupt/invalid file using that: which is pretty frustrating when you're on dial-up.:hissy: After restarting Firefox I was finally able to get the download by clicking on the portrait box. Apparently this by-passes the Doc Man thing. Ed said that he'd be working on alternate ways for people to get the files if they have problems but it may take him some time.