• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Website issues
03-18-2010, 04:41 AM,
RE: Website issues
Ed,

I don't think this is a user side issue, probably something simple like a typo in the formfield code. Not sure why it would happen intermittently, but might be something to do with a field being filled out one time, and not another. Could also have something to do with characters in the fields, like "/" slashes which aren't being stripped out.

Only Raz can know for sure.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2010, 05:51 AM,
Hey
Yes I am logged in. By the way, I had to log in twice to respond here.
Yes it is for a H2H game I am registered for
?
Cam
03-18-2010, 06:20 AM,
(03-18-2010, 05:51 AM)Cam Wrote: Yes it is for a H2H game I am registered for
?
Cam

Gents:

Cam is trying to fill in and submit a test report for my H2H scenario :eek1: Hopefully, this "invalid parameters" error message can be corrected soon?

I believe it impacts all H2H test game submissions? :chin:
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
03-18-2010, 06:46 AM,
I wanted to eliminate the possibility of a user issue. It was not an accusation.

I just submitted two test reports in the H2H area.
One I filled out all fields. The second I left all the comment fields blank. Both went through without error.

[Blitz]New Test Report Submitted
TheBlitz
to me

show details 4:34 PM (4 minutes ago)

New Test Report Submitted
Scenario **Grossman's Holiday
Test Report submitted by: Herr Straßen Läufer
Email [email protected]
Balance 10
Enjoyment 10
Briefings 10
Details:
Turns Played all
My Side Allies
Final Result Draw
Victory points total N/A
Victory Conditions N/A
Map & Terrain N/A
Fortified Positions N/A
Fixed Units N/A
Historical introduction N/A
Game Length N/A
Force mix N/A
What I really liked about this scenario N/A
What I really DON'T liked about this scenario N/A
Balance and Enjoyment N/A
Other comments Submitted as a test.

cheers

HSL
03-18-2010, 10:09 AM,
Well this only took me about 15 attempts
To any of my opponents, please post a major victory, against me
Take care all
Cam
03-18-2010, 11:25 PM,
Gents:

While we are on the subject of Blitz Website "challenges"... myself and Rod Coles (maybe others?) have been unable to attach files to our posts. I receive a "The files could not be found on this server" error message when I try to attach a file to my postings. :mad:
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
03-18-2010, 11:52 PM,
(03-18-2010, 11:25 PM)Kool Kat Wrote: Gents:

While we are on the subject of Blitz Website "challenges"... myself and Rod Coles (maybe others?) have been unable to attach files to our posts. I receive a "The files could not be found on this server" error message when I try to attach a file to my postings. :mad:

Well, sorry to hear that Mike, but again, I don't think Raz will look in the CS forum for website issues. Maybe, though.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
03-19-2010, 12:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-19-2010, 12:23 AM by Kool Kat.)
(03-18-2010, 11:52 PM)Scud Wrote:

Well, sorry to hear that Mike, but again, I don't think Raz will look in the CS forum for website issues. Maybe, though.

Dave

Hey Dave:

I understand. Can you provide me with Raz's email address? I can contact him directly.

Maybe it would be a good idea to set-up a "sticky" post where folks could post their "challenges" with the Blitz Website? Notify Raz... and he would have a single thread he could check... instead of a bunch of folks emailing him separately? Raz could then provide status updates to everyone via that one thread too? :chin:

And... if that thread where folks can report Blitz Website issues already exists... then maybe you could provide a "sticky" re-direct posting here in the CS Forums that would direct players to it? :chin: I'm not sure if this thread does exist... but if it does, I sure don't know how to locate it! :eek1:
Send this user an email
03-19-2010, 12:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-19-2010, 12:40 AM by Scud.)
(03-19-2010, 12:09 AM)Kool Kat Wrote:
(03-18-2010, 11:52 PM)Scud Wrote:

Dave

Maybe it would be a good idea to set-up a "sticky" post where folks could post their "challenges" with the Blitz Website?

There already is. That's what I've been trying to get across to everyone: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/ Very first thread "Bug Reports." Another one for feature requests. Also, Raz's email is included at the bottom of the site, but you have to know to click his name for the link. Anyway, it's this: [email protected]

I also posted something in the officers area, for what it's worth. He usually responds, but apparently is having "real life" issues at the moment, at least that's what we were told, so I'm not sure how quickly he'll respond.

Lastly, I know this is frustrating for everyone and I don't disagree that the problems are really annoying. I just can't do anything about it. I'm a forum moderator and don't have anything to do with the website programming. Someone emailed me recently and said I was squashing debate. Wasn't my intention, you guys can debate the pros and cons all you want, I just wanted to point out that I didn't think Raz would see it, that's all.

My personal gripe isn't that the site went live, it's that the site went live and then the programmer wasn't around to address the bugs that were sure to crop up. But what's done is done. All I can suggest is you post whatever bugs you come across in the "Bug Fixes" area. If you post here and I see something I can help with, like a user error kind of thing, I certainly will if I can.

Re: Cam's problem, I think it's a code issue. Ed Silcox was nice enough to try to troubleshoot, cause Ed isn't having problems, so between the two maybe they could at least narrow down the problem and make it easier for Raz, but Cam didn't seem to want to help. I'm thinking it's a special characters thing, which might suggest why Ed's would be fine and Cam's not, so if Raz didn't include "stripslashes" code, for instance, and Cam put a slash in his scenario name, mysql is going to flag in with an "invalid parameters" error since the database won't allow that character. Don't know, of course, just guessing, but I'll bet it ends up being something weird like that.

So there you have it.

Thanks,
Dave
Send this user an email
03-19-2010, 02:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-19-2010, 03:11 AM by Kool Kat.)
(03-19-2010, 12:37 AM)Scud Wrote: All I can suggest is you post whatever bugs you come across in the "Bug Fixes" area. If you post here and I see something I can help with, like a user error kind of thing, I certainly will if I can.
So there you have it.

Thanks,
Dave

No worries Dave. :) I was not pointing a finger at you... just trying to raise awareness on some Website bug problems. :smoke:

Honestly, I must have missed your earlier posts on how to report bug problems? :chin:

I recently starting having some Website issues... and that's when I started to pay attention to them! :eek1:

Now I know where to go to report them... I'll follow-up with Raz and not clutter up the regular CS threads here with bug reports.

Again, no worries. It will all get worked out. cheers
Send this user an email