• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

HPS releases Sealion '40
03-05-2010, 05:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-05-2010, 06:07 AM by P.Ako.)
RE: HPS releases 2 titles March 5th
Judging the screenshots of the map i would say that London could become the Stalingrad of the Western front... couldn't it?

EDIT: Churchillgrad Lol
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2010, 06:00 AM,
(03-05-2010, 05:28 AM)Mike Bowen Wrote: I can fight a battle in my back garden in sunny Crowborough Cav Corps I think is from Wadhurst. Its odd but looking at a map of where you live its hard to put the map to the ground.

Mike
When working on this one I wondered if Foul was on the map area too, but I believe he lives a bit north of the map area.

Tivk
[Image: exercise.png]
03-05-2010, 06:01 AM,
I forgot to add that the Sealion '40 title should hit close to home for some of our British friends. ;P
03-05-2010, 06:21 AM,
Been waiting 7 years for this to hit the streets.

I can't wait.
03-05-2010, 07:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-05-2010, 07:34 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
[attachment=2728]

Here are the S40 designer notes in .pdf form, the DL works but was a little slow on my ISP so be patient. ;)
(03-05-2010, 06:00 AM)Ricky B Wrote:
(03-05-2010, 05:28 AM)Mike Bowen Wrote: I can fight a battle in my back garden in sunny Crowborough Cav Corps I think is from Wadhurst. Its odd but looking at a map of where you live its hard to put the map to the ground.

Mike
When working on this one I wondered if Foul was on the map area too, but I believe he lives a bit north of the map area.

Tivk
Yup, i think i am just too far north to defend my home hex from the Nazi hordes!! Big Grin
Here are some more images from the new title not on the SDC site.

Dover
[Image: 83d3fc9b41S40_1_Dover.JPG]

Brighton
[Image: ad671fbf28S40_2_Brighton.JPG]

Jump Map
[Image: c6e356f5acSealion%20sealion.jpg]
03-05-2010, 09:15 AM,
I can tell you guys there is going to be some nail biting going on when playing the scenarios. You make one small mistake and you can have the Hakenkruez flying over London. Or you move your Ubermench in a lackluster manner the Brits and Commonwealth Forces will make you wish you stayed in France drinking wine and eating cheese Toast
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
03-05-2010, 05:58 PM,

I do hope that there is a special unit for my grandfather. The Germans bombed his illicit pig kept in the woods near Sevenoaks after that there was no way they would have got through to London. I may need to Mod the OOB

If you ever do a MC Soviet invasion you will have to redo the map Mr Beeching got rid of most of those railways in 1962

The Forest called the weald is really open heather/heath land it used to be a royal hunting park and then the trees were used to make ships to win the Napoleonic Wars

On the subject of royal its Royal Tunbridge Wells

Not nit picking just enjoying the thought of fighting a Pz Camp on ground I know very well.

Mike

Mike are you from Crowborough that's just round the corner cheers!
I am now in Blackboys nr Uckfield.

Shall we meet upo some time - I just had my AE oponnent visit from the USA !

I also will be looking over the map in detail - but sounds interesting indeed.

thanks HPS

Cav
03-06-2010, 12:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-06-2010, 01:10 AM by Lien Leposh.)
(03-05-2010, 06:01 AM)Al Wrote: I forgot to add that the Sealion '40 title should hit close to home for some of our British friends. ;P

Not for me mate. You have much more chance of seeing the Scottish Barbarians on the rampage on my old stamping grounds!:cheeky:

Incidentally, am I right in presuming that there are no scenarios where Churchill orders the Brits to attack the Gremans with gas?
Now that could be an interesting Mod for someone to do! From what I understand he was willing to consider just such an option.
03-06-2010, 06:25 PM,
(03-06-2010, 12:53 AM)Lien Leposh Wrote: Incidentally, am I right in presuming that there are no scenarios where Churchill orders the Brits to attack the Gremans with gas?
Now that could be an interesting Mod for someone to do! From what I understand he was willing to consider just such an option.

That would require to include the chemical weapon attack featured in the MC titles, wouldn't it?
03-11-2010, 09:25 AM,
RE: HPS releases Sealion '40
Bump to the top.......Big Grin