• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

HPS releases Sealion '40
03-04-2010, 11:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-11-2010, 09:24 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
HPS releases Sealion '40
HPS Announces Sealion '40

It being March the 5th where I am --- here is what I got from HPS:

Sealion http://www.hist-sdc.com/spotlights/sealion.html [Image: _banner_sealion.jpg]

SDC is authorized by HPS to provide this information at what point it turns 5th March ... being secluded away on the east coast of Australia ... it now being the first Friday in March; stay tuned in future months for more HPS release info as it becomes available.
Bydand
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2010, 12:14 AM,
RE: HPS releases 2 titles March 5th
Sealion 40???? wow now this is really... unexpected....

I hope that we will have more infor about the next MC soon...
03-05-2010, 12:54 AM,
Personally I think its a great topic.

The first (plausible) what if in the series - with a strong historical heritage.

It is also a good situation to simulate with a clear invasion and a push inland. No messy pockets etc to simulate which are hard to do when it is player vs AI.

Finally, for all those west front lovers is a return to Europa and a hell of a lot less snow...! :)

PS So much for all the naysayers that had predicted Panzer Campaigns death...!

Strela
03-05-2010, 01:21 AM,
Should be good complete bummer the UK shipment is not going to be in on Friday I may have to spend the weekend with Mrs Bowen!
03-05-2010, 01:43 AM,
I like the Sealion '40 topic & was initially surprised to see HPS depart from the unofficial "no hypothetical PzC titles." I think this could open the opportunity for some other reasonable hpothetical titles in the future.
03-05-2010, 02:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-05-2010, 02:52 AM by P.Ako.)
(03-05-2010, 01:43 AM)Al Wrote: I like the Sealion '40 topic & was initially surprised to see HPS depart from the unofficial "no hypothetical PzC titles." I think this could open the opportunity for some other reasonable hpothetical titles in the future.

Yeah, for example the invasion of Switzerland or Spain.

Anyone thought about making a mod of Middle East '42 using the Middle East '67 map?

EDIT: I bet that someone will make a mod for a sealion in 1941,1942 or 1943
03-05-2010, 03:18 AM,
Sealion 40 ?

That is really a surprise, I thought hypothetical campaigns were still a long way ahead.

Tunisia 43 will have to wait I guess...Sealion, here we come !
03-05-2010, 03:39 AM,
(03-05-2010, 12:14 AM)P.Ako Wrote: I hope that we will have more infor about the next MC soon...

As you already know - you'll have more info on any tile, MC or otherwise when the title is released.
Send this user an email
03-05-2010, 04:19 AM,
(03-05-2010, 03:39 AM)Glenn Saunders Wrote:
(03-05-2010, 12:14 AM)P.Ako Wrote: I hope that we will have more infor about the next MC soon...

As you already know - you'll have more info on any tile, MC or otherwise when the title is released.

Glenn,

I like this title. Thanks! Game ordered cheers
03-05-2010, 05:28 AM,
I can fight a battle in my back garden in sunny Crowborough Cav Corps I think is from Wadhurst. Its odd but looking at a map of where you live its hard to put the map to the ground.

I do hope that there is a special unit for my grandfather. The Germans bombed his illicit pig kept in the woods near Sevenoaks after that there was no way they would have got through to London. I may need to Mod the OOB

If you ever do a MC Soviet invasion you will have to redo the map Mr Beeching got rid of most of those railways in 1962

The Forest called the weald is really open heather/heath land it used to be a royal hunting park and then the trees were used to make ships to win the Napoleonic Wars

On the subject of royal its Royal Tunbridge Wells

Not nit picking just enjoying the thought of fighting a Pz Camp on ground I know very well.

Mike