• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

An Open Letter to Scenario Designers
03-06-2010, 07:36 AM,
RE: An Open Letter to Scenario Designers
I have to say, these H2H discussions are getting a bit overdone by a few?
No disrespect but, there are many members who ain't even entering into the discussions, which must say something?
regards
Peter
03-06-2010, 07:59 AM,
(03-06-2010, 07:12 AM)Von Luck Wrote: No probs Mike you were getting a bit heated there dont want to see you banned from the board mate.Some designers put forward a scenario on the H2H section leave it there and hopefully 2 month's later its up there as a H2H based scenario ok with their name in lights-oh i done that one.Ed has thought about this and this wont happen in the future.

Thanks for watching my back John! cheers

I'm taking the "high road" here... and will keep my emotions in better check. :smoke:

I'm glad that the problems and challenges with H2H submitted designs are both recognized... and are being addressed. :bow:
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
03-06-2010, 08:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-06-2010, 08:08 AM by Huib Versloot.)
(03-06-2010, 07:36 AM)glint Wrote: I have to say, these H2H discussions are getting a bit overdone by a few?
No disrespect but, there are many members who ain't even entering into the discussions, which must say something?
regards
Peter

I agree. I don't see all the fuss really. It's so obvious. If you design well, it is not necessary to have it playtested by others and hence not necessary to upload it in the H2H section. On the other hand, if you are unsure about the design, one method is to offer it to H2H to get other player's opinions and hopefully some advice that gives you answers and helps you to improve the scenario. If you decide the latter it would be nice to answer those who bothered to do a test and give you feedback, regardless wether you use the testreports or not.
All true and not really a subject to discuss much about. Maybe that's why it was an open letter. One could also just email the designer why he is not responding to submitted testreports.

Rgrds

Huib
03-06-2010, 10:29 AM,
Yep, I think some are getting over-passionate over the issue. Members will decide themselves whether or not to use H2H, I just feel it's being rammed down our throats now with some of the threads?
If you look at the h2h section, enough has been said to support the section, now it's on the message board and still, other members do not comment to the threads?
As you say Huib, perhaps just e-mail the designer?
regards
Peter
03-06-2010, 10:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-06-2010, 11:15 AM by Otto von Blotto.)
Glint it might be that we are busy playing H2H games. If you want to get negitive on it all and try to start a bitching match don't be surprised if we don't join in.
03-06-2010, 11:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-06-2010, 11:28 AM by Kool Kat.)
(03-06-2010, 10:48 AM)Otto von Blotto Wrote: Glint it might be that we are busy playing H2H games. If you want to get negitive on it all and try to start a bitching match don't be surprised if we don't join in.

Hi Terry: :smoke:

I've responded directly in Private Messages to both Huib and Peter.

They have something to say to (about) me... I rather have it handled like men - one-on-one and privately.

I'm not taking the bait! Shark

BTW... the situation that "sparked" my original post has been resolved.

My vote would be to close this thread now.
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
03-06-2010, 11:58 AM,
Hi Mike,

Fair enought, I just didn't like the back hand innuendo and thought perhaps rashly to take a stand.

All the best
Terry
03-06-2010, 12:07 PM,
Hi Mike,

Since you opened the thread to begin with, certainly your right to have it closed.

Thanks guys,
Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email