• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Has the Wad been Shot?
01-27-2010, 10:59 AM,
RE: Has the Wad been Shot?
Thanks Glenn, this just made my day reading this Big Grin

Although everybody would like to get a new PzC game tomorrow, on the other hand I have to say like most of the other guys that I am far from being completed with the existing titles. Over the course of the last 2 years, I have bought all the 17 PzC titles, and I have only played 9 of them. The other 8, I have only fooled around with them, looking at the scenarios and designer notes without giving them a serious shot. The PzC serie can keep somebody busy for years and years !

So yes, I'll be excited when the new PzC arrives, but on the other hand if you need time to make sure you deliver a polished and high-quality product like we have been used too, well, take the time !

cheers
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2010, 12:40 PM,
I know from personal play testing experience how demanding and meticulous Glenn and the crew is. And as the number of series and titles increases, there is only so much than can humanely be done.

Anyway, this thread sparked great news form Glenn :)

Enjoy - life is good,

Marquo
01-27-2010, 01:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-27-2010, 01:41 PM by Glenn Saunders.)
Well guys - I guess it all just needed to be said. The other thing I didn't add was I watched a lot of TV last year too.

And to further add to what Ricky said, this next game started development in June - wait for it - 2003! It has been worked on ad shelved so many times I had to really think when I made the list of Playtester for John for the credits ....and ya, I didn't forget Steel God either - it was worked on for so long.

Glenn
Send this user an email
01-27-2010, 05:49 PM,
(01-27-2010, 06:28 AM)Foul. Wrote: I am glad that Glenn has been able to ease anybodys fears...

HPS has been very consistently on message when it comes to any of the series being done with. From what I have read, nothing is done with at this point. Glenn isn't my source, but my sourcing is reliable (usually stuff posted by Rich Hamilton on various public boards), with an occasional referral to Bill Peters. Glenn's messages also figure in the mix, although I haven't communicated directly with him since maybe 2004 or 05.

But none of the series are dead. And any company that takes on a period like the Renaissance, is probably in an series expansion mode. Ren happened, because it was ready first. I imagine that is how HPS operates in general when it comes to releases.

:cool2:
Bydand
Send this user an email
01-28-2010, 12:11 AM,
(01-27-2010, 01:34 PM)Glenn Saunders Wrote: And to further add to what Ricky said, this next game started development in June - wait for it - 2003! It has been worked on ad shelved so many times I had to really think when I made the list of Playtester for John for the credits ....and ya, I didn't forget Steel God either - it was worked on for so long.

LMAO, in addition to being humbled by your memory Glenn, I can chuckle to myself knowing what title this must be. Meaning, I know what I worked on for you, and all but one are currently released. I remain, of course, under the Kampfgruppe Saunders Code of Silence. ;)
01-28-2010, 06:03 AM,
Rejoice, ye all, the oracle of HPS has given us a sign!

Thanks Glenn, I'm in line for any PzC or MC title available, whenever that's ready. No problem with the amount of time it takes, rather, I appreciate your hard work and desire to create a product as close to perfection as possible, as you have always done.
01-28-2010, 06:08 AM,
Another side feature of the time it takes to develop a new title is that you can save your change from taking the wife, gf, s/o, etc. out to dinner. Over time it adds up and she has less claim to fault you for spending money on your habit. Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
01-28-2010, 06:45 AM,
BTW, HPS guys, did you consider to add keyboard shortcuts to the OOB editor? it's really frustrating that the ctrl+c/trl+v does not work there!
01-28-2010, 07:03 AM,
Re the OOB editor, what part would you want to copy and past? I can see copying the names in an entry that way, but I think simpler is how it currently works - you can copy an entire unit and paste it in, values and all, then just make whatever minor change the name needs anyway. Is there something else you see value in pasting in from another unit? I always thought the current paste of an entire unit is very elegant and workable but maybe there is something you see that would be easier/better than that. You have me curious about that now.

Rick

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
01-28-2010, 08:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-28-2010, 08:29 AM by -72-.)
(01-28-2010, 06:45 AM)P.Ako Wrote: BTW, HPS guys, did you consider to add keyboard shortcuts to the OOB editor? it's really frustrating that the ctrl+c/trl+v does not work there!

I have no say in that .. but I can present the relativity argument ... the OOB editor in PzC beats what is available in EAW hands down (and yes I am jealous). What I was working on did give me some practical experience with oob coding using notepad. Sort of like doing html with notepad and no wysiwyg.
Bydand
Send this user an email