• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Has the Wad been Shot?
01-24-2010, 11:08 AM,
Has the Wad been Shot?
I was perusing the HPS website and noticed that it has been over a year since there have been any new PzC titles or even updates, but plenty of movement in other series. Perhaps the sheer quantity of various titles, all supported by HPS' reknowned meticulous attention to excellence/updates, is starting to overwhelm the support staff?

I hope not but would understand. I am still waiting to fight a few new campaigns before my time is up ;)

Marquo:chin:
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2010, 09:12 PM,
RE: Has the Wad been Shot?
While new titles are always welcome, i will never live long enough to properly play the PzC/MC titles that exist at the moment! :(

So this fact does not overly worry me.
01-25-2010, 09:10 AM,
Since I am now the press...

According to my sources (in all seriousness), no the wad is not shot, probably not even being fired upon. That's all I'm going to say.
Send this user an email
01-25-2010, 09:45 AM,
(01-24-2010, 09:12 PM)Foul. Wrote: While new titles are always welcome, i will never live long enough to properly play the PzC/MC titles that exist at the moment! :(

So this fact does not overly worry me.

With 17 PzC titles (by my count - I have 13 of them) plus the fact that Volcano Man has given most of them "the alternative scenario treatment" I know that I won't live long enough to thoroughly explore each game.Big Grin

Seriously though, I'd rather see HPS continue to take their time to produce thoughtful & well researched games than see them go the way of some other companies (cranking out half -*ssed buggy crap just so they can make some quick cash).

Just my 2 cents...
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
01-27-2010, 04:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-27-2010, 05:43 AM by Glenn Saunders.)
(01-24-2010, 11:08 AM)Marquo Wrote: RE: Has the Wad been Shot?

On the lack of titles release lately - don't look too deeply at that or you will be fooled.

I spent a lot of hours last year on WSF and a lot of time this fall working with Krak on new rules for WSF which will help a longer CG for that game. Those rules have not been coded but they will make the game I think by the time the next in that series comes along. WSF was a difficult project - nuff said.

Also in that time period, I've worked on a different project for John - something which we don't have anything more to add at this time but that ate up a lot of time - the fruits of which will be realized at some future time - also, nuff said!

And then there is PzC\MC ... which has unfortunately had to wait because there is only so many hours in a day!

But, I can tell you that I was working on a PzC\MC OOB last night that I am very excited about and I know you guys will enjoy too. It is coming along VERY nicely. We have the map ready to go on this project but nothing in test yet. And this new project will be the next game AFTER the one that should be out before long.

How is that for a mouthful and a broad hint!

That said - I am not promising anything on a delivery date for either of these two PzC\MC projects referred to above because sometimes ...well ..sh!t happens! But there is something that should release before too long and yet another project in the que getting a lot of hours right now which who know when it could be ready.

You'll hear more when we have product in hand as per normal.

Anyway - I've already said way too much - bottomline is that speculation about the end of the series is completely unfounded. My newest PzC\MC EXE file with changes, including those new larger dialogs is date 14 Jan 2010. And Game patches follow new titles generally unless the issue is a show stopper.

I hope we're clear here guys!

Glenn
(someone who knows first hand what is going on)
Send this user an email
01-27-2010, 06:04 AM,
^ Thank for the info! it's really good to know that there's going to be more games soon.
01-27-2010, 06:28 AM,
I am glad that Glenn has been able to ease anybodys fears that the excellent PzC/MC series is still alive and kicking! cheers

Everyone must not forget these games are designed and tested by people in their spare time and because of that the timing of releases can appear strange at times with long barren periods without a title and then a couple in a short period of time.

Just the nature of the beast........Big Grin
01-27-2010, 06:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-27-2010, 06:42 AM by Ricky B.)
And I hope Glenn won't mind me adding this, but on the upcoming game, it is one I did a lot of testing for him on it quite awhile ago, like 2 years or so, I think. Then as Glenn has mentioned in the past can happen it was shelved for a different project - War on the Southern Front I think, then another project, then back to this one! So I know Glenn has been busy with a lot of things even if there has been a long pause in releases.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
01-27-2010, 07:23 AM,
Thanks Glenn!
Now, I think you should head over to that survey thread and vote for your favorite. ;)
01-27-2010, 10:07 AM,
Happy to hear. Thaks for the games Glenn! cheers