• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Changes you would like to see
01-10-2010, 06:03 AM,
RE: Changes you would like to see
As for hot key for rail and possibly tmode itself if you have a whole div to change, maybe hold control kep and click the units to change so that they are all hilighted, then ckick to change t or rail mode. Don't know how much of a need for that, but idea just popped up when I read Al's post.
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2010, 07:37 AM,
P.Ako Wrote:
tazaaron Wrote:1.Being able to flag a unit recon.

Could you explain this one please? I don't understand what are you meaning...

In the editor for units you have boxes you can check for certain things like IF or WMDs this is called flagging, i would like to see one for recon, in the current system all recon units count as vehicles and if you could flag a unit for recon you could create infantry based recon unit like most armies used as in the MC series for example the WP, the WP forces all had a full compliment of infantry in them and you cant represent them except by a Bn of 30 vehicles, if you had a recon unit that counted as infantry you could put them under armor and dig them in just like a regular mech unit but with the recon advantage.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
01-10-2010, 07:56 AM,
[/quote]

In the editor for units you have boxes you can check for certain things like IF or WMDs this is called flagging, i would like to see one for recon, in the current system all recon units count as vehicles and if you could flag a unit for recon you could create infantry based recon unit like most armies used as in the MC series for example the WP, the WP forces all had a full compliment of infantry in them and you cant represent them except by a Bn of 30 vehicles, if you had a recon unit that counted as infantry you could put them under armor and dig them in just like a regular mech unit but with the recon advantage.

Aaron
[/quote]

Must be some way to do it since B44 has recon MEN units for the Germans.

Bob
01-10-2010, 09:27 AM,
Rev Rico Wrote:Must be some way to do it since B44 has recon MEN units for the Germans.

RECON is a Unit Type and all components in PzC MC are made up of a TYPE and a CLASS

CLASS Foot, Ski, Horse, Motorcycle, Motorized or Soft HT with TYPE RECON will give you a Recon unit made up of Men.

But if you make the Class Armoured Car, Hard Halftrack or Tracked the game uses Vehicle instead of Men. It is hard coded so it is not something you can change by creating a new flag.

Glenn
Send this user an email
01-10-2010, 09:34 AM,
I find Hanks idea re organisation has some merits. It's a real chore to find what a unit belongs to sometimes I think it's over complicated.

I also find the whole in transport mode thing a real chore too.
I know I'm going to upset people here but to me it over complicates the game and yet many other games survive quite well without this silly farce of moving units in and out of transport mode.
Good grief why do we need this complication after all we all know they ave to get in and out of trucks or whatever.
OK so I've rolled the hot potato now. lol

Cheers cheers
Gordon
01-10-2010, 09:45 AM,
karza Wrote:I would very very very much like to see a find HQ command,

Press the Q button, All HQs are highlighted.
Select your HQ and Press H or the the Highlight Org button to see all the units in that formation.

Or you can highlight any unit. If an organization is currently selected and you hold down the Alt key when invoking this function, then the next higher organization is selected.

Quote:Not a dialog box. Highlight a unit, press alt c, and a line appears ................ from the unit to its HQ. In large scn units get lost and many skip levels of command and us color blind people have a very hard time when we highlight a HQ and find all the units.

Your thinking of a different game with this. See above for how it is done in PzC
Quote:Second, to be able to declare a unit not on or using a road, call it tacical mode.

Units not in Travel Mode are essentially in Tactical mode but their second echelon and support vehicles clog roads. That is just hpw it works.

If you really don't like the road limit you can adjust your PDT so that Stacking limit eqaul road limit and the issue will go away - evwery unit not in travel mode will be deemed off those roads.

Make sure you opponent is using teh same PDT thoug or it is unfair.

Quote:Trying to move thru some tiny fixed position unit in the woods is impossible. Worse your army is retreating and 2 men are holding a plunger to blow a bridge and the entire rest of there unit is standing on the road and won't let any past.

I think your example is correct - tet unfair. Many things in this game are black and white and you have to have limits. 1 man over the limnit is OVER the limit - no grey areas.

Any single unit regardless of its size can use the road limit rate. If that unit or a unit with say 1 man less the road limit encounters a unit in the road hex with two men than the rule will be enforces and road movement is not allowed.

Sorry - that is just how it is. See above on removing the ROad limit if you don't like it but it is part of the game and the only way to simulate road congrestions. It is a pain is the ass know but then again so was road congestion a problem commanders faced at battles such as Bulge and Market Garden. You can't just UNDO the these factors ...or I suppose you an, but then we try to recreate what the commanders face. So it is counter productive really.

Glenn
Send this user an email
01-10-2010, 09:46 AM,
Gordons HQ Wrote:I find Hanks idea re organisation has some merits. It's a real chore to find what a unit belongs to sometimes I think it's over complicated.

I also find the whole in transport mode thing a real chore too.
I know I'm going to upset people here but to me it over complicates the game and yet many other games survive quite well without this silly farce of moving units in and out of transport mode.
Good grief why do we need this complication after all we all know they ave to get in and out of trucks or whatever.
OK so I've rolled the hot potato now. lol

Cheers cheers
Gordon
Well T mode i supposed to represent "units in a column formation, and for towed artillery, being limbered. While in Travel Mode, units are less combat effective and are more vulnerable to enemy units."

It is to represent that vulnerability a have a distinction between units in column or deployed that the T mode rule was included. :)
01-10-2010, 09:56 AM,
Strela Wrote:1) Bunker building (already mentioned) by engineers (only)

While it is beyond what the originally designers wanted - there does seem to be enough support for this that we may have to give it some serious thought. I guess the concern is that players making Bunkers would be able to create strnger defnese lines in compaigns where that wasn't possible.

The allies might never brea out of Normandy with such rules for instance.

Quote:2) More settings in the PDT file. For example, company vs battalion fatigue etc. This is key for some of the later war Germans vs the hordes. Currently it is very difficult for a German company to go toe to toe with a battalion.

I raised this pint with John Tiller during the designof the MinskGame and it resulted in the new Optional Rule - Quality Fatigue Modifier

Quote:3) Hidden combat results (extreme FOW) - In many cases the player knows too much from ranged fire - currently you can fire your artillery until a unit disrupts then move to the next target unit etc, etc. Imagine having to fire your art / air with no idea whether it has been effective. The actual status of an enemy unit would only be obvious if it was assaulted / reconned (or possibly if a land unit moves/is adjacent).

While I like this sorta rule idea myself I think we have found most of the players are control freaks and loss of control is not something they enjoy. As anexample see thesuggetions to offset the road allowance in the games, or the number of posts over the years where people coplain about stepping on friendly mines as if mines once set cared who stepped on them.

Ricky mentioned an idea I had to make the amount of movement varied for every unit every turn based on QUallity. I love this idea but it too is loss of control.

Glenn
Send this user an email
01-10-2010, 10:01 AM,
I like realism in my games, so I welcome all kinds of friction chaos and loss of control. The random movement element is brilliant.
01-10-2010, 10:12 AM,
Xaver Wrote:In the games PzC/MC...
(SNIP)

Wow - so many things - so little time

1-Airfields (and other air thigs) , Would be just like vixc point hexes - I assume your taking MC here because in PzC they were flying for fields and clearing.

In any case this is nt somethng tht can happen with a lotof changes to the air model which I have to be honest with you and say are not coming

4-Re the isolation rule, -- I'm not sure I've seen a unit in a defensive position where automatic low ammo after isolation, In such situations I would add a Supply Source to the scn. I did this in a new scn just last week when a tester noticed it.

5-Surrender, - See optional Surrender Rules - agaion - we don't normally like them and in the first game of the series Greg Sith mentioned in the designer notes how much time it takes to take and father prisoners

6-Coordinate arty and infantry assault, - we alreader have rules similar to this re cobined Orgs and such and there are post from peple who want the game toshow every Arty unit hat can hit a hex whereby laying more consetrated firepower on single positions than was normally done.

7-Change attack AI in units, 0 if you have an example you can show me where something isn't right or could be better sent the info with a BTL tome or to HPS SUpport.

8-Changes to the score system are not going to happen as we would have to revist the vic levels and such in over 600 sscn I would say.

9-I've never see a single HQ regenerate so often as to cause a prblem - in any case whena formation HQ is eliminated then someone takes command of the unit - yes ? And the new HQ is not as strong or with the same quality as the on replaced.

10-Create your own supply points - Ah - in the Editor yes but in tyhe game no, I don't think I can think of a historical example

Glenn
Send this user an email