• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

S42 Game observations on possible bugs and a new suggestion on pontoon bridges
12-31-2009, 12:10 PM,
RE: S42 Game observations on possible bugs and a new suggestion on pontoon bridges
Well, I found this in the "Movement" section of the most current S42 User Manual.

User Manual Wrote:Full-Hex Ferries

A Full-Hex Ferry is one that spans a Water hex. It can be used for movement by units in Travel Mode, but requires the entire movement allowance of the unit to enter the hex containing the Ferry. The unit moves off the Ferry normally. Full-Hex Ferries cannot be damaged or destroyed, nor can they be built during a scenario.
Bolding added for emphasis by Dog Soldier

Guess that sums up why you can not destroy a full hex ferry.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply
12-31-2009, 12:15 PM,
RE: S42 Game observations on possible bugs and a new suggestion on pontoon bridges
James Ward Wrote:Then you'd need to break the unit maintaining it though if it's a full hex bridge you might not want to do it from the bridge.:)

As we have been saying, under the current rules this is the only way.

It would not be a simple matter for enemy troops to just walk up the maintained engineer pontoon bridge and place charges to blow it up as CC would like to see. I expect there are bridge guards in the form of MG emplacements and maybe even some light flak guns near the maintained bridge that are represented in the game by making one attack and break the engineer unit to affect the bridge.

That is the best explanation of the current rules I can think of.

Dog Solider
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
01-01-2010, 01:34 AM,
> Units adjacent to ferries cannot destroy them even though it says so in the rules – again casing me a big problem

I think the rules yor are referring to here are Ferry Hexsides.

Full Water Ferry points cannot be destroyed in the game - this is by design.

Glenn
Send this user an email