• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

What does the blitz mean to you?
12-20-2009, 08:19 PM,
RE: What does the blitz mean to you?
Yup, PzC will always be a niche hobby within the greater gaming world.
Quote this message in a reply
12-21-2009, 12:09 AM,
I used to play SSI and Avalon Hill games back in the 80's on an Apple IIe and would think 'man would it be great to play against a human opponent', Eventually the IIe fell by the wayside and I didn't purchase another computer until yr 2000, was of course searching online for war gaming sites, I first found download site for SP and the H2H mod and I thought NO WAY this is for free....WOW Partythen I found the Blitz web site and finally was able to connect with others and play against human opponents and found out just how much I didn't know....thanks to all my opponents :bow: for the learning experience and the continuing education...........Toast
12-21-2009, 05:51 AM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: What does the blitz mean to you?
Well, my association with the Blitz has been longer than with any other non-professional association I've been in. I have to second everything that Al said before. The ease of finding games, the tournaments, the creativity of the modders, it is all wonderful.
12-21-2009, 07:29 AM,
One more thing about the Blitz, and I hope no one takes this too seriously, but has anyone else noticed the disproportionate number of people we have who are living in Albania? (Not that I have anything against Albanians, or people who happen to live there.) I don't want to be accused of being an alarmist, but maybe "somebody" should do "something" about this situation before the Albanians outnumber all the rest of us.
12-21-2009, 08:29 AM,
alaric99x Wrote:One more thing about the Blitz, and I hope no one takes this too seriously, but has anyone else noticed the disproportionate number of people we have who are living in Albania? (Not that I have anything against Albanians, or people who happen to live there.) I don't want to be accused of being an alarmist, but maybe "somebody" should do "something" about this situation before the Albanians outnumber all the rest of us.
Well you may have guessed the actual reason for this (and no it is not because John Tiller is the Albanian president), it is because Albania is top of the list of countries to choose and many people who sign up cannot be bothered to scroll down the list! :rolleyes:

So because of this anomaly Albania will continue to be the hotbed of PzC activity! LOL :smoke:
12-21-2009, 10:58 AM,
The Blitz is a beacon of sanity in a dark universe of madness. The sacred meeting place of a coven of lunatics who proably spend more time trading comments, vignettes and moves then with their families, yet could not pick each other out of a line up.

Marquo :)
12-21-2009, 04:50 PM,
How could anyone not recognize this great hat I wear?

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
12-22-2009, 12:26 AM,
LOL, that is the best one I have heard in a long time Brian.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
12-22-2009, 03:32 AM,
Foul. Wrote:Well you may have guessed the actual reason for this (and no it is not because John Tiller is the Albanian president), it is because Albania is top of the list of countries to choose and many people who sign up cannot be bothered to scroll down the list! :rolleyes:

So because of this anomaly Albania will continue to be the hotbed of PzC activity! LOL :smoke:

Yeah, I know, but I always like to see where everybody is from and then I end up finding another Albanian...

OTOH, don't say I didn't warn you if you log on one day and discover that Albanian hackers have taken over your position.
12-22-2009, 03:35 AM,
Dog Soldier Wrote:How could anyone not recognize this great hat I wear?

Dog Soldier

I've always said that the guy in charge is usually the one wearing the most feathers and beads.