• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

What does the blitz mean to you?
12-22-2009, 04:46 AM,
RE: What does the blitz mean to you?
alaric99x Wrote:
Dog Soldier Wrote:How could anyone not recognize this great hat I wear?

Dog Soldier

I've always said that the guy in charge is usually the one wearing the most feathers and beads.

Well, not for nothing, but it would be a little nicer if we didn't constantly find him sitting in the Officers Barracks wearing only feathers and beads, and that putrefied head gear too, of course.
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2009, 10:23 AM,
steel god Wrote:Well, not for nothing, but it would be a little nicer if we didn't constantly find him sitting in the Officers Barracks wearing only feathers and beads, and that putrefied head gear too, of course.

This may be a case in which too much intel is not entirely a good thing Big Grin

Having been a board wargamer who grew up on AH's Stalingrad, Battle of the Bulge and France 1940 to name a few, finding this club offers the means to reconnect with the hobby. For a long time I was away from wargaming having lost interest in solataire play and not fortunate to have friends who shared the same passion for the games. The early pc games lacked the AI to keep my attention for long. This year I discovered the HPS PzC games and soon after the Blitz. Now I visit almost every day and have been playing PBEM games steady since joining the club. It is cetainly a story of an ole grognards passion rekindled and the club has been a big part of it.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all
12-22-2009, 05:12 PM,
Well, a belated welcome to the Blitz, TS...

I loved those old games, but these are better. No worrying about kids or cats bumping things, for one. :happy:
12-22-2009, 05:58 PM,
Indeed my old cat Derwood was a nighmare for knocking stacks of counters over! :hissy:
12-25-2009, 04:12 AM,
Yep, My armies were defeated by pets, vacuum cleaners, Siblings and god knows what else. The best protection for the stacked units was sliding the board under the sofa when the days fighting was done.

The pc keeps things a bit more tidy lol!
12-25-2009, 05:20 AM,
I appreciate all the people here at the Blitz, both staff and players. It is quite enjoyable getting to know people that are here, share ideas on the games, discuss all kinds of subjects and just enjoy things.

As to playing old board games, in my single days, I used my spare bedroom as a game room, and put my big games on the wall. Then used small pieces of clay to hold the units into stacks on the map, which worked really well - with the exception that I would sometimes here stacks abandoning their positions without my approval in the middle of the night, and would know I had to chase them back into position come morning.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays to all.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
12-25-2009, 12:36 PM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: What does the blitz mean to you?
The Blitz always reminds me of Panzer Blitz, great game until the dog ran through the room! This was back in the 70's, mind you.
Beery Christmas & a Hoppy Brew Year!
Beerweasel
12-26-2009, 07:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-26-2009, 07:52 PM by Assault.)
Hi everyone,

I really love this website, as well as the HPS games which I play.
I check the forums about 3 - 4 times a week to read new posts etc.
I haven't played a game to put on the ladder in quite a while but I play often against the computer.

More than anything I am grateful for this site and for all the wonderful folks on here who are so helpful. A shout out to Glenn Saunders and Volcano Man and all the other folks who are so nice and do really good work in support of the games I play.

Wishing all a Merry Christmass & happy new year.

With kind regards. :)