• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Too Bad
12-15-2009, 04:13 PM,
RE: Too Bad
Larry Reese Wrote:Never actually made it to the fleet Cole, for a variety of reasons. But that was where I was headed. Ah, such are the vageries of life, yes?

LR

Life's probably better than if you hit the fleet. Glad I did it but now that I'm getting older a regular 9 to 5 sounds good.... I think it was 6 or so years that I stopped playing CS or visiting this site when I went from one ship to another...

Serious thread jack going on here. Sorry Earl.
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2009, 12:29 AM,
Kelly's Heroes has always been one of my favorites... Clint Eastwood, Telly Savalas, Don Rickles, Donald Sutherland and all the others... I just love the scene where the General is listening over the radio to the battle... classic...

Eastwood has come a long way since then... One of Hollywood's best IMHO...

As to being in the Fleet... Haze Grey and underway... Someone has to do it... Why not Cole? LOL...

I understand and respect the life... We had a Navy Officer with our unit in Iraq... Our EWO... We had long discussions on life in the fleet... definitely a Blue Water Surface guy... He was our token Sand Sailor... and a very good guy... XO on a Destroyer in San Diego now...

For me, it is the Road not taken because there were two times I came very close to being in the Navy... A big chunk of my early years were in Hawaii... A place that just oozes Navy... I almost joined the Nuclear Navy out of High School... I decided to go to college instead...

Continuing Cole's thread Jack... LOL...
12-16-2009, 01:12 PM,
Jim - as much as haze gray and underway is a pain for a guy with a family (and is THE life for a single guy) our deployments have been nowhere near as intense as the Army and Marine rotation to the sand box......

I was offered Nuke school when I enlisted but I knew the math was beyond me..... I'm stupid, but I know I'm stupid, so I guess that almost makes me smart....

Time to multi-jack. When I played in the late 90's I would play with a good opponent in Virginia who worked in the civilian nuclear power industry. There was a time I was thinking of leaving the Navy and he suggested his field. That was so long ago so dude if you're reading this drop me a message. Still not smart enough to work in your field but ready for a game!
12-20-2009, 06:45 AM,
Larry/Cole:

ETR-2nd, RO, ELT, USS Narwhal, 1976-1978

Regards to my fellow squids,

Dan
12-20-2009, 07:40 AM,
LOL, Scott, I just realized that "Cole" was you man. How's California, or have you moved on? If my memory is correct, you were the first PBEM game I ever played in EFII way back when. It was Crossroads to Disaster and was it ever a disaster for me as the Russians. Good times.

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
12-20-2009, 08:51 AM,
Dan Caviness Wrote:Larry/Cole:

ETR-2nd, RO, ELT, USS Narwhal, 1976-1978

Regards to my fellow squids,

Dan

Dan,

You must have a lot of good stories from the Narwhal. Too bad you can't talk about them!!

Larry,

Yep that's me. I was new too and that was an exciting scenario. Got me hooked. Depends on which time in California you mean......
We we played Crossroads I was in Yokohama. Went to San Diego for a little bit in 2004. Back to the 7th Fleet and now back to CA. Seen a lot of good places but the moving is getting old.....
12-27-2009, 12:04 AM,
Cole:

The best stories are from Subic Bay of course...and we REALLY can't talk about them!

Regards,

Dan
12-27-2009, 01:50 AM,
Dan Caviness Wrote:Cole:

The best stories are from Subic Bay of course...and we REALLY can't talk about them!

Regards,

Dan

;)