• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Too Bad
12-12-2009, 11:46 AM,
Too Bad
You know it's really kinda sad we can't have regular discussions here without getting all nasty and personal.............oh well.... as the old Maine saying goes........it's usually enough to be an a**hole......but sometimes we have to prove it.

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2009, 05:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-14-2009, 05:29 AM by Crossroads.)
RE: Too Bad
Just finished watching Kelly's Heroes... Some words from Odd Ball:

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Hear hear! (Arf arf!) cheers

EDIT: Just to make sure: this was targeted to us all, not as a reply to V.E.!
Visit us at CSLegion.com
12-14-2009, 07:10 AM,
What a great movie that is.
12-14-2009, 07:15 AM,
Woof, Woof !!! Big Grin
12-14-2009, 09:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-15-2009, 03:25 AM by Herr Straße Laufer.)
It comes down to "say what you mean and mean what you say" and be prepared to defend it?

No one has to play only "nice-nice" all the time, if they feel they need to post something "different" they should feel free to do so. But, that applies to everyone.
I do personally have issues with those who want to post personal attacks and then want to slink off to the "troll kingdom" whence they came.

It's not debate if there is no "interchange"?

It is not hard to make comments? Why try to make it so? (To all who post here and not just those on this thread)

Maybe Curt was right. Too many hold onto their measuring sticks. :chin:

cheers

RR
12-14-2009, 11:02 AM,
thanx Ed.
...indeed...I was holding on to mine...
...you are a good man

Cheers
Curt
Town Drunk
12-14-2009, 04:12 PM,
Ed,
indeed, you are right...!!!...I have a young cat who is going into nuclear engineering (whatever that means...)...but has volunteered for submarines (extra pay?)....Old Air Force Cat here...anybody can give me a clue?
Town Drunk
12-15-2009, 01:41 AM,
Is he going in as officer or enlisted? When I was doing that there was no extra pay at the officer level. If he's enlisted he'll be acting as a technician for the nuclear reactor (all hail Hyman Rickover). His life style will be greatly determined by whether he is posted to a boomer or a fast attack boat. If he's going in as an officer, this is basically the entry level (or was) on the boat. Every officer aboard the boat must serve in all officer capacities as you climb the ladder. Or at least that's the way it was when dinsoaurs ruled the earth.

Good luck to him.

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
12-15-2009, 08:37 AM,
Larry - I didn't know you were a NUKE.

Mr. G - Larry is correct.
Also submarines and the carriers are the only nuclear plants onboard ship in the Navy. Now days nuke officers get bonus pay but, believe me, they earn every cent. Lot's of work and there's no room for error. The enlisted get their bonuses when reenlisting. In fact with the economy the way it retention in the Navy is fine and it's pretty much only the nuke's getting reenlistment bonuses.
Generally the aviation and submarine communities are the elite communities in the Navy. The surface Navy are the grunts (but get better liberty ports. ;))
12-15-2009, 09:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-15-2009, 09:15 AM by Larry Reese.)
Never actually made it to the fleet Cole, for a variety of reasons. But that was where I was headed. Ah, such are the vageries of life, yes?

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.