• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Dogs and why i hate the 4 legged fiends
12-13-2009, 02:51 AM,
RE: Dogs and why i hate the 4 legged fiends
In 1978 I sold books door-to-door in eastern Tennessee. I got bitten twice by dogs.

Once a dog attacked me while the owner was in the front yard. When I looked at the owner for help, I could tell the dog had attacked me with the owner's blessing.

On the other occasion, when I approached the porch and front door, there was a large dog on the porch resting. It looked at me but didn't even raise its head, so I went onto the porch and knocked on the door. Next thing I knew was the dog had taken a huge bite out of my calf.
Quote this message in a reply
12-13-2009, 04:28 AM,
Look on the bright side anyone with half a brain knows Cats will one day rule the world :happy:
12-13-2009, 04:33 AM,
Dogs act like they believe they are human whereas cats act like they believe they are gods :)

Have both cheers
Visit us at CSLegion.com
12-13-2009, 08:45 AM,
Cats are gods... or at least were in Egypt for example. I have both so I can observe their different predilections directly.

Ages ago, when dinosaurs ruled the earth, I had a girlfriend whose grandmother owned a tiny, POS chihuahua. This cowardly little SOB would bark bark bark and then sneak up behind me and nip me in the heel or ankle. After several instances of this, I admit I kicked the crap out of him next time he did it (just one good boot off the ground, not enough to break his bones - I do not espouse violence in general, I've seen enough of all that BS, but I saw no other recourse in this case). ***hole didn't try that again. I've been able to handle most other dogs without too much problem.

On the subject of ornery animals (and potentially animal cruelty), a good friend of mine, also back when dinos ruled the planet, had a few acres surrounding the little house he lived in. On this land, amongst other things, there were a herd of goats. A bunch of nannies and one big ol' honking male. This billy stood head high to me and I'm six foot. He was an ornery SOB, he'd spit at you, fake charge sometimes if he was PO'ed, come and stick his head in the car window, could open doors, etc.... The nannies followed him everywhere he'd go. One day, after being out all night raising hell and racing, we slept until around noon then got up and rummaged up some fish. Jeff battered them up and put them in a frying pan on the stove and came back into the living room. We took some aspirin and were nursing hangovers and watching TV when we heard this noise in the kitchen. We went in there and that SOB had broken through the screen door and unlatched it, come inside the kitchen and was eating the fish out of the freaking frying pan! I laughed but Jeff grunted "son of a bitch!" and grabbed a shotgun loaded with rocksalt. When I laughed the billy backed away from the stove and ran for the door. Jeff rushed past me, aimed on the fly, and shot that goat in the scrotum as he ran out the door. I never saw that goat run so fast in all my life. He hightailed it out to the far edge of the property and stayed out there, the nannies chasing to keep the whole time. There was no permanent damage to the goat, but I'll bet that smarted a bit. LOL. Anyway, he never came back up by the house much after that and had a much better disposition.

And of course, shooting fire arms in the house is always fun.

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
12-14-2009, 12:19 AM,
Sorry to here your troubles John.

Hope you are on the mend!

Thanx!

Hawk
12-16-2009, 07:37 AM,
....and here I thought this was about me. :whis:
Phew! Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Von Luck...Dogs always go for a flanking move. It is just in their nature. hope the tetanus jab was done by a pretty nurse. :P

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
12-16-2009, 08:03 AM,
Chickens are best, everyone knows that..............:smoke:
12-16-2009, 09:54 AM,
For eating....
My tankers would like a winner, winner, chicken dinner.
Come to the battlefield Foul.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
12-16-2009, 12:01 PM,
Von Luck Wrote:The usual quote oh my dog wouldnt bite
I feel your pain brother I wish I had a dollar for everytime someone has told me that over the past 25+ yrs on my job, :censored: the last time I got bit was about 4 wks ago after the lady let him out of the house, but it wasn't to serious this time.:bang:
12-16-2009, 12:12 PM,
Time to bite back... Kagogi anyone?

Only dogs I've had any problems with were back during the Haiti deployment in the 90's... Our living quarters warehouse was adjacent to where the dog handlers and their dogs resided... the dogs were always barking... One of my Soldiers used to throw rocks on the tin roof in the day time to annoy the dogs that annoyed us at night... Some nights I just wanted to lock, load, and shoot the little b#$%#*&s...

I hope that the wounds heal well...

Regards,

Jim vK