• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Dogs and why i hate the 4 legged fiends
12-12-2009, 08:20 AM,
Dogs and why i hate the 4 legged fiends
AAAAH Once again bitten by those decendents of wolf's doing my job 16th time in 20 years nasty b******* bite this time and again had to go for the tetanus jab-only good point jab in the top of the arm this time instead of the muscle in your A**.Man's best friend who the f*** came out with that one.The usual quote oh my dog wouldnt bite snarl snap stiches and jab the wolf in dogs hair beware.LOL Something new for the board although the top of my leg feels like its been in a vice for a few day's.:kill::kill::kill:for dogs.
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2009, 08:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-12-2009, 08:39 AM by Larry Reese.)
RE: Dogs and why i hate the 4 legged fiends
Do you wear a uniform that looks like a big Milk Bone?

LR

Also, pepper-spray is your friend.
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
12-12-2009, 08:39 AM,
Von Luck,
Sorry to hear about the bad break you had with a dog. I've been raising labs for many years now, I know that its more like bad owners not bad dogs.They only know what they've been taught. Keep the faith my friend.

Chuck
12-12-2009, 08:49 AM,

This of offensive!!!!

;)
12-12-2009, 08:51 AM,
I've got three four footed friends at home. You can come over and they will lick you to death. They can even fetch you a beer! :smoke:

Sorry for your experience. I agree with Chuck. It sounds like a bad break. But, Larry has a good point, the chew bone outfit may be the culprit? Eek

cheers

RR
12-12-2009, 09:17 AM,
I agree - it is poor owners and undisciplined dogs that result in that BS. No dog I've ever owned has ever bitten anyone (except one in really advanced old age - I think they become crotchety like people sometimes). What do you do, if I may ask? The proverbial post man?

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
12-12-2009, 11:36 AM,
Labs are the greatest.........can't remember ever meeting an ugly one........most retreiver breeds are cool for sure ........had two black labs and one golden retriever.........could have had better dogs but not sure how....actually John.......you may still have some fish boat smell........makes the dogs hungry..........LOL

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
12-12-2009, 11:50 AM,
I wonder if Matrix v 1.05 will have canine corps.
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
12-12-2009, 12:24 PM,
Seriously, could the Sov anti tank dogs be feasible?
12-12-2009, 12:25 PM,
Sorry to hear about the dog, von Luck. I wish you a speedy recovery and nothing but good will!

I on the other hand have two cat now and for some years past, but before that have had a few dogs. I'm not by any means saying that cats are better, just different. Cats sit and constantly plot and believe they are superior to all life around them. However, it's just plotting and no substance ever comes of it, at least that I can see on the surface. I have found that cats give a different feeling towards us humans in that I believe they constantly plot for a meal first, a comfortably surrounding second and love, purring and affection third and only the third because they feel they have too. Dogs in general just love to be around people and could care about the details that cats are looking for.

Intermixed with all of this is a cat's need to reign dominion over the rodent and avian population provided they feel on an individual basis they can bring the prey down and relish in the reward and admiration of the kill. I've seen cats go after Canadiian Geese and then in other situations get their ears pinned back by tree squirrels. Dogs don't seem to worry about relative prey size to much when they are looking to make a point.

Many years ago I was mauled by a dog and still bear the plastic surgeon's scars. I bear the canine population of this planet no malice because of this act, but instead have learned to respect and to be careful around them. I hope in the future you approach it the same way. Dogs are beautiful creatures!

I have found that a dog will in most cases quickly provide a signal, though sometimes subtile, of it's unhappyness about a current situation or surrounding. At that instantaneous moment of time it may be wise to step back and save valuable body parts if possible. But the real hard thing is always recognizing that signal or seeing the element of surprise coming.

I have not found this to be always true with cats because of their mysterious intraverted nature. Once I was nailed by a free-range cat for just standing there or at least that's what I thought then and still do. But I will tell you one thing that when a cat is visibly PO'd like a dog can be, you need to step back quick because they can do a lot of damage!

At any rate I wish you a full recovery and god's speed always!

Ivan the Big:smoke: