• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Looking for a WinSPMBT
11-06-2009, 01:43 PM,
RE: Looking for a WinSPMBT
Works for me. One rung at a time.
I don't know any tricks. Unless you consider sneaking up and shooting them in the back a trick. I consider it a plan. Or maybe a goal. Certainly a tactic.
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2009, 01:55 AM,
Weasel Wrote:Paul beat you huh....been there done that!!

Oh, it was'nt that bad. Our games were always close. :cool:

Joe and I are currently playing your "Brothers at Arnsberger Wald"
scenario. I have the NVA.
11-07-2009, 04:19 AM,
LOL, and I have panzerfaust 4's!
11-07-2009, 04:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-07-2009, 04:58 AM by Vesku.)
Sorry to spoil your fun but the stats are showing that out of 10 battles there's 5 NVA victories and only two for the western brothers.
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]
11-07-2009, 04:56 AM,
Brothers is WGER vs EGER, NVA are no where in it. You sure you are using the right version?
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
11-07-2009, 04:58 AM,
Nationale Volksarmee, not North Vietnamese Army :)
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]
11-07-2009, 06:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-07-2009, 07:11 AM by shortreengage.)
Vesku Wrote:Nationale Volksarmee, not North Vietnamese Army :)
cheers Genau!

I beat Airmaster's EG with WG in the Red Dawn tournament. There has to be more winners than that for the west.:conf:

Edit: I stand corrected. I guess I'll have to offer him a mirror!
11-07-2009, 01:18 PM,
I understand EG and WG, that would be the DDR and FGR ( I think. FRG maybe. I can never keep straight which German words are spoken backwards, verb before noun). What does a mirror have to do with anything?
Checking to see if your opponent has a reflection before playing him? I wish I had thought of that. I'm playing the good Brigadier Vesku now and a little garlic hanging from the skids of my Huey's might be a good thing. Stakes for driving thru the heart might not be out of line either.
11-07-2009, 01:37 PM,
Mirror battles are the best way to play a possibly unbalanced scenario.
You play the same battle twice, at the same time, playing battle one as P1 and battle 2 as P2.

That way if the battle is balanced heavily in favour of P1...you both get achance of winning it as P1...in the end the level of the win is what matters.
If we play a mirror and As P1 I get a Decisive win against you, but in your go at P1 you only manage a minor win ...then overall,,,,I win :-)

The best use of Mirror battles is assault or advance.
Being a defender can be quite boring sometimes, and in one-off battles players tend to play Meeting Engagements for exactly that reason (and to give both players a chance of victory).

Mirrors need to use exactly the same map, same armies and force values and preferably the exact same flag positions...and the main thing...to be played at the same time.

Playing them sequentially never works as well. Too much knowledge of the map before battle 2 starts will unbalance the two battles.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
11-10-2009, 05:44 AM,
Sounds good! Terrain pretty much dictates tactics, especially when you get to select your own forces. I just started a battle where a stream wanders across my start line. Lots of swamp bordering the stream. So I either start behind my deployment line or split up my formations. I thought about going vertical but couldn't find any way to get reinforcements to my Paras in time to keep them from being slaughtered. So the Terrain is forcing me to play zone and hope my opponent steps on his crank. Not my favorite pint.