• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Who needs Windows 7?
10-28-2009, 12:34 AM,
RE: Who needs Windows 7?
I've got a couple of songs I inherited from my mother on 78 rpm. I replaced them with 45's, then 8-track, then cassetts, then CD's not to mention the same songs I had on reel to reel, 33 1/3 albums and ipod.

There is no end to this insanity!

Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2009, 01:43 AM,
Troll Wrote:I receiced my upgrade of win 7 from vista 64 bit (new rig) today and will be installed in my new gaming rig which also comes today. For the most part, I chose win 7 for high end on line gaming, vista had alot of bugs when it came to gamers and win 7 looks much user friendly. As far as CS, stick with what you have, no need to spend money on win 7 if what you have works. I have been running CS on vista 32 bit. The link below gets into detail about win 7.

http://pcgamer.com/pdfs/Nov09_Windows7.pdf

Best

Troll

So how did it turn out? I am about to receive a new win 7 machine as well...

Any problems so far, JTCS related especially?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-15-2009, 03:10 AM,
Just to share this ...

First day with a new Windows 7 (64bit) machine...

One turn of Giants on Vistula behind, everything seems to be running smoothly...

A quick look at the OOB tool, everything seems to be OK.

Map editor on 3D does not scroll properly, the display becomes quite a mess after a while. Seems there definitively is something the Matrix guys should have a look at?

Can't really tell about 2D, as the map is so small with my resolutions that scrolling is not necessary.

The same map seems to behave OK on the Scenario editor, however. Go figure.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-16-2009, 01:13 AM,
Ed and all,

Excellent and timely discussion about the future's impact on CS. From the Matrix comments, it would appear that it is a non-issue.

Thanks for that board link. It answered my questions about Win 7. I'm probably giving my new lap top up to my daughter and was wondering about the downside of Win 7. As everything I would purchase is Win 7, I don't have to worry about losing my CS because of a new computer.

Surfing w/ the big screen... Yee HAA...
11-16-2009, 06:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-16-2009, 06:56 PM by Huib Versloot.)
Crossroads Wrote:Just to share this ...

First day with a new Windows 7 (64bit) machine...

One turn of Giants on Vistula behind, everything seems to be running smoothly...

A quick look at the OOB tool, everything seems to be OK.

Map editor on 3D does not scroll properly, the display becomes quite a mess after a while. Seems there definitively is something the Matrix guys should have a look at?

Can't really tell about 2D, as the map is so small with my resolutions that scrolling is not necessary.

The same map seems to behave OK on the Scenario editor, however. Go figure.

Weird, isn't it.

The 2d map in the editor also doesn't scroll as it should. Map making in Win 7 is impossible.