• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Who needs Windows 7?
10-25-2009, 05:57 AM,
Who needs Windows 7?
Not me and not many others. I have always been slow to take up new Microsoft Operating Systems. Why? because if one takes them on early you find that lots of drivers have not been developed to support them. Even worse, you have to go through all the files on your computer to find out which of them are not compatible with it
Just for starters is Windows 7 compatible with Matrix CS?

Fortunately we will always have the ability to partition our computers. I am still running heaps of old CS files in a perfectly healthy Windows 98 partition.
Should I be forced to Windows 7 eventually I will still maintain my full set of games and other files in a Windows XP partition
XP is so popular it will hopefully be a long time before they no longer support it. As I do not know (or need) whatever new "goodies"are in Vista let it sink as it surely will.
Quote this message in a reply
10-25-2009, 06:44 AM,
RE: Who needs Windows 7?
Bill Gates he's short of a Dollar or two.
10-25-2009, 06:52 AM,
I have to say, Pip, I treated myself to a new laptop that has Vista.
My last PC was ME, which is no longer supported by Microsoft. After thinking my vista was upto date, having bought it only a year ago, I'm amazed how Microsoft update the OS so quickly and abandon the recent purchasers of the previous system.
The only attraction of windows 7 for me is, it apparently streamlines the Vista system, i.e, it cuts out a lot of the crap. However, as you said, what is going to be incompatible with the old Vista system? As for XP, when will they ditch support for that?
Pretty much like a technical robot taking control of the World methinks.
(That's Microsoft, not me, lol!)
Hey! I wonder who put the smilie as my signature? It wasn't me? !!!!

regards
Peter
10-25-2009, 01:50 PM,
I like XP....I can use it (well sort of), and it can read all my old Talonsoft stuff ( although I can't play a scen).
Why give Gates any more of my $$s?

What is partitioning a computer?
10-25-2009, 02:39 PM,
K K Rossokolski Wrote:What is partitioning a computer?

It's splitting one hard drive into two or more (virtually speaking, so that "my computer" will now show the normal "C" drive, but also another (or more), with a letter(s) you designate. You can then put windows XP on one partition and Windows 7 on another and boot from either one.

In the old days, people would do this to add speed to their computer, with the operating system on a small partition and the programs and data on the rest.
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
10-25-2009, 08:14 PM,
I will stick with XP until i have to move on, Win7 is an admission that they got Vista badly wrong, i am yet to meet anybody who can tell me of a advantage of Vista over XP for the normal user (not a PC geek).

Where new technology is concerned you are much better to wait a couple of years for the bugs to be sorted out than rush in, pay top dollar and put up with the s*** . ;)
10-27-2009, 02:01 AM,
Foul. Wrote:I will stick with XP until i have to move on, Win7 is an admission that they got Vista badly wrong, i am yet to meet anybody who can tell me of a advantage of Vista over XP for the normal user (not a PC geek).

Where new technology is concerned you are much better to wait a couple of years for the bugs to be sorted out than rush in, pay top dollar and put up with the s*** . ;)

Spot on Darran! :smoke:

Stay with what has proven to work. I plan to stay on Windows XP until I am "forced" by Bill Gates to move to another OS.
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
10-27-2009, 03:21 AM,
I receiced my upgrade of win 7 from vista 64 bit (new rig) today and will be installed in my new gaming rig which also comes today. For the most part, I chose win 7 for high end on line gaming, vista had alot of bugs when it came to gamers and win 7 looks much user friendly. As far as CS, stick with what you have, no need to spend money on win 7 if what you have works. I have been running CS on vista 32 bit. The link below gets into detail about win 7.

http://pcgamer.com/pdfs/Nov09_Windows7.pdf

Best

Troll
10-27-2009, 05:29 AM,
Does anyone know if the Matrix version of CS will run in Windows 7?
10-27-2009, 07:25 AM,
billk1 Wrote:Does anyone know if the Matrix version of CS will run in Windows 7?

This link takes you to the Matrix discussion of Windows 7:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2274242

RR