• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

M1A1 has been banned
10-22-2009, 11:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-22-2009, 11:28 PM by Der Kuenstler.)
RE: M1A1 has been banned
The thing to remember is, Bogdan did not come humbly to the front door of the Blitz with hat in hand, openly asking for forgiveness. Might he have gotten mercy from the leadersjhip here if he had done so? Possibly. Perhaps we could have even posted a poll for all to vote on his open return. Instead, he came in stealthily by jimmying a back window, under the guise of a different person. By doing this, he has shown that he still has the kind of character that if he can get away with something he wants to do, he will try it, regardless of the ethics of it. Does that translate into the games he has played here recently? Nobody knows. But what message would it send to the others who have been banned in the past for cheating if M1A1 were allowed to stay? And how would it be fair to others here to allow him to occupy a rung of our ladder, which is the finest in the world IMHO, above all those who worked hard to be here honestly? No one wants the club to get smaller, but the club must maintain its integrity regardless if its size. I agree its a shame but there was really no other choice for us to make here.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
10-23-2009, 11:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-23-2009, 12:06 PM by Aegis.)
DK makes sense.

A little background on the guy from my perspective.

He has been a friendly adversary for quite some time, I was told by my FGM compatriots about his previous alias and supposed acts. When this caught word to me he quickly messaged me in a moments notice about it...I felt bad for the guy, but for me...I was a bit frustrated. No matter how times we played, win or lose, the guy had a cheating past. It is up to the organization to choose who comes or goes. For me, CM or any game that involves a historical/tactical background -made for people enthusiastic about playing...with a sense of camaraderie, it is definitely wrong to cheat...

I think that some people, with proper discussion should be permitted to return, but to be as frivolous as to following each game the person plays is a bit tiring for the administrators.

I am a bit confused as to why all of the sudden you found this out when this was literally over 6 months ago that people found out.

I really hope you guys can catch dudes faster...
10-23-2009, 01:46 PM,
Enven (FGM) Wrote:I am a bit confused as to why all of the sudden you found this out when this was literally over 6 months ago that people found out.

I really hope you guys can catch dudes faster...

People at FGM found out 6 months ago - not us. We banned him quickly here when we saw the proof. I was told of a RUMOR that they were the same guy a few months back, but did not know of any actual proof until last week. We can only work with the information we have.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
10-23-2009, 11:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-23-2009, 11:24 PM by cargol.)
The guy was asked by Bootie(privately) if he was the same person and deny it.
Only after some time and when he couldnt hide any more he admit it stating that a whole conspiracy was behind his previus banning.
He wasnt banned at FGM but strict guidelines were given in order to ensure that he wont repeat sthing similar or discrace the club with a non proper behaviur.
A second chance was given even if it was under conditions.
The guy never showed his face again at FGM.
If he wanted to be sincere IMHO the moment he was caught at FGM he had to contact one of the Ladder Custodians here, thing that he obviusly didnt do.
IMO the one that has nothing to fear is not hiding.
And for the people that feel sorry for his banning they can still play with him
dont they?
As for why the word wasnt spread here i think that because members of Blitz are also members of FGM and vice versa this would have come to the surface and i didnt want to preoccupy
anyone.
Obviusly i was wrong and the result was all this thing to be found after some time.
Lets wait for some days to see if he has sthing to say but i bet my 2$ that he will be gone for ever(at least as M1A1)
10-24-2009, 09:18 PM,
cargol Wrote:Lets wait for some days to see if he has sthing to say but i bet my 2$ that he will be gone for ever(at least as M1A1)

Can he actually post here now he's been banned?
10-25-2009, 02:31 AM,
I m sure that if he wanted to say sthing to the community he would have found a way and nobody would had any objection.
10-25-2009, 04:34 AM,
Don't know about the 'community', as I'm not a member of any other CM clubs and don't look at their sites, so unless he posted here I wouldn't know, which is why I, and probably the vast majority of Blitz members didn't find out about this until apparently 6 months after with membership of FGM. Might have saved a lot of hassle if those with FGM membship had mentioned it to the custodians as soon as it came to light, but hey ho, hindsight's a wonderful thing.

As for the Blitz, (not 100%), but I thought that once you're banned you can't post. Should he want to say anything then he would have to contact the custodians and it would be up to them whether to allow it, or to post it for him.

Judging by the comments posted so far though I doubt that there would be much that he could have said anyway, so I would doubt that he would even try.
10-25-2009, 04:56 AM,
I had a mirror game going with him. One had finished and one had not and he dropped out of sight a while ago so I will claim that victory.
10-25-2009, 05:23 AM,
I m member of both FGM and Blitz as lot of others and im enjoying my membership here and there a lot.
I m 100% sure that no FGM member hide anything from anyone.
And i think community is a sound term when u are reffering to a group of people with the same hobby, interest, passion or however u want to call it.
10-25-2009, 01:49 PM,
He can no longer post here - he would have to post at FGM if he wanted to talk.