• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

M1A1 has been banned
10-21-2009, 06:55 AM,
M1A1 has been banned
Taking immediate effect from now M1A1 has been banned by me. M1A1 was a previously banned member know as 101Paratrooper. 101Paratrooper was banned for for violations of Rule of Engagement 14.

This ban still stands and will effect his new callsign as M1A1.

This decision is subject to appeal of course, but pending that, any players currently having a game in progress against him can claim a victory at this point.

Der Kuenstler and I will be montoring all games cliamed as wins to make sure there are no buffering of false wins.

Players who are involved with him in any Tournaments should contact the Tourney Master for a resolution of those games.

After an appropriate period of time to allow for any appeals, his Call Sign will be shadowed, after which time you will no longer be able to claim a victory for games in progress.

Wigam
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
10-21-2009, 06:59 AM,
RE: M1A1 has been banned
To save on any speculation I have included in this post some thread which explain to those who are unaware ot the reason for 101Paratrooper's original ban and also a link to where M1A1 admits he is 101Paratrooper.

Blitz Thread for 101Paratrooper Banning

FGM Thread for M1A1
Send this user an email
10-21-2009, 07:34 AM,
I too support this banning. M1A1 still shows he has a "cheater" mindset by trying to sneak his way up the Blitz ladder under a new identity.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
10-21-2009, 07:51 AM,
I suppose it's for the best.

Seems like M1A1 was pretty much off CM anyways, given his new duties as a 2nd LT.
10-21-2009, 08:57 AM,
So thats how you guys all kick my ass!!??!! :P

I did'nt think it was possibly to cheat in cm... :jaw:

Well, just go's to show yer cant trust an officer!! :chin:

Stick with the NCO lads, backbone of the army! ;)
10-21-2009, 11:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-21-2009, 12:15 PM by bluehand.)
Wow now I feel better because I was able to win more games against M1A1 than against 101paratrooper. that must mean I'm getting better. :-)

Wait I just read the FGM posts and why are just now telling us when you found out he was sneaking back in in April?
10-21-2009, 08:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-21-2009, 08:40 PM by wigam.)
Becuase we (DK and Wigam) have only just read that forum and found out in the last week. So thanks Bluehand thats why. :)
Send this user an email
10-22-2009, 04:44 AM,
I figure on adding my 2 cents worth here in public so that there is nothing to hide. I know that 101/M1A1 has been a pain in the backside at one time for cheating, but I think that a permanent ban might be a bit overboard. I think that everyone deserves a second chance. Maybe a period of probation would do instead.
There, not wanting to bring up past wounds, or open some huge debate. Just my feelings on the subject. Der K. and Wig have done an outstanding job running this place in spite of all our best efforts to mess things up. They have the final say, and this will be the last that I mention the banning, reguardless of their ruling. I do not even expect them to respond or defend their action, just me and my point of view that is all.
10-22-2009, 08:05 AM,
I appreciate all feedback thats why I have left the thread open and not closed it after me and DK had our say. So thanks Ratzki all opinions are welcome, all good friend.

The original ban was for cheating and I think we all agree that that is something we will not tolerate.

He has attempted to fool us all again by coming back under another guise. We have no proof that he has changed his ways and no proof that he has gone honest.

Simple fact is he was banned for cheating and has lied by coming back and he is in violation of that ban. For this his ban is continued under his new handle.

As for a period of probation, he has done nothing to earn our trust and so EARN a period of probation. Trust is something that is earned not a given in. He must walk the path that he layed out for himself.

He has a right of appeal to Steelgod who will hear his case.

Cheers.
Send this user an email
10-22-2009, 09:18 PM,
It's a shame. Understandable, but a shame.

I had played him twice under his old handle of 101, and although he was a lucky SOB I beat him then.

Have 4 games underway with him as M1A1 and didn't twig that he was the same guy. Was expecting to beat him soundly in 3 of the games; 2 of which were mirror games on a scenario he'd designed himself! So I really don't think he was in anyway cheating this time, (not with me anyway), and having read the posts at FGM I've not seen anyone accusing him of in-game cheating since his return, (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), only someone stirring things up by suggesting, (without any evidence), that as he had done so in the past, that he would do so again, (and there was me thinking that your were meant to have a clean slate after having served your time!) But's that's there, not here, so it's up to them.

It's a shame that he had snuck into the Blitz under a different name, but then I suppose had he come back using his old one the stigmer of his banning, (as was happening over at FGM), would have probably meant that he would have struggled for a game anyway, even though he was probably now going 'straight'.

I suppose the only thing he could have done was to approach the custodians once his ban was over and put forward suggestion for returning under a new name. That way they would have been aware without it prejudicing him with the rest of the club.

As I've said, his subsequent banning is understandable, but a shame.