• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Limited Time - Bonus Ladder Points
11-04-2009, 01:05 AM,
RE: Limited Time - Bonus Ladder Points
There are two schools of thought on ladder points. I subscribe to the one that says play anyway and enjoy the club. Anything else is gravy.

As to where the line is drawn, well, I saw the same data and thought of this little nudge to get things going. Someone always has to fall on the wrong side of the line. It can not be helped. Compare it to getting in the shortest checkout line at the store only to have the customer just ahead of you need a price check and you watch all those other people who got in the other line pass you by. Stuff happens.

These AW scenarios play a lot faster than the PzC scenarios I am used to. IIRC I did not put a limit on the number of turns. Just get a game on with someone who is not yet on the ladder and then get the result posted up. Sounds easy to me.

There are other ways to earn extra ladder points. Like writing up your game as an AAR with your opponent. See the HPS OPC forum AAR section for a basic format. Now that is the classic double dip. I have no problem with it either. Big Grin

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply
01-21-2010, 08:41 AM,
RE: Limited Time - Bonus Ladder Points
In case this post slipped off the radar with all the other things I have going right now....

To get your bonus points, you need to post on this thread as per my first post (#1). I know there had to be some game results posted for boot campers.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply