• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Limited Time - Bonus Ladder Points
10-20-2009, 09:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-23-2009, 03:50 PM by Dog Soldier.)
Thumbs_Up  Limited Time - Bonus Ladder Points
Bonus Ladder Points!
For the next ten game results recorded on the Ancient Wars Ladder starting on October 20, 2009, where one or both members are recording their first AW ladder game result, an additional five ladder points bonus will be added by me for both members. :cool:

Only stock and custom scenarios listed in the scenario database at the blitz will qualify. Table top games will qualify.

If the game result is a team game with one or more members qualifying as above, then all members involved in the game will receive the bonus points.

Veterans, help those boots get out of boot camp by playing a game with them and earn extra ladder points.
Boots, now is the time to get a game result on the active ladder.

So strap on your sword and shield and get those games results posted!

Post on this thread the following information to earn your ladder bonus. You can just copy and paste the following outline in your post.

Scenario Name -
Members- Who played?
Game Title - Punic Wars, Gallic Wars, or Alexandrian Wars
Outcome - Who won?
Rate the scenario - Was it a balanced scenario? Was there an exciting turning point in the game? Any other comments about the game, your opponent, or the scenario design?

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply
10-20-2009, 11:25 AM,
RE: Limited Time - Bonus Ladder Points
Oh sure...........

Missed my first ladder game by 4 days.............

I feel more defeated than having a major defeat at TJD's hands.

Et tu Dog Soldier?

The end is near.........

I can't go on!
10-20-2009, 11:44 AM,
Cats,

Register our game. It will be my first ladder game. :)[/i]
Al Amos
Start with God - the first step in learning is bowing down to God; only fools thumb their noses at such wisdom and learning. - Proverbs 1:7 The Message
10-20-2009, 12:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-20-2009, 01:02 PM by Dog Soldier.)
Al is on the ball!

BTW, only one bonus per customer. I have sent messages to folks who were here a long while ago, but lost interest to rejoin the revitalized community.

Dog Soldier
- Wyatt Earp
10-22-2009, 10:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-23-2009, 03:51 PM by Dog Soldier.)
Scenario Name - 009 Pontic Oasis
Members- Al Amos vrs Cats
Game Title - Gallic Wars
Outcome - Draw
Rate the scenario - Balanced scenario, great one to start with.

OK, where are the rest of the boots. Guys, this was not as intimidating as I first thought. My first game I was crushed by TJD. But, you know what the best thing about that defeat was.........
I made a new friend. Come on guys, let's get going.......
10-23-2009, 03:58 PM,
Cats, I forgot to include the scenario name is the template. :rolleyes: What was I thinking?
I added it to your post. Points awarded to Al and Cats.

One down and nine more availalble to be claimed.

Dog Soldier
- Wyatt Earp
11-03-2009, 02:02 AM,
bump.

Dog Soldier
- Wyatt Earp
11-03-2009, 06:26 AM,
DS,

What does bump mean?
11-03-2009, 06:44 AM,
It allows a non-sticky post to move to the top of the forum...giving it a "bump".

I prefer to not have a lot of sticky threads as it causes the rest of the forum to compact to the lower part of the screen. This thread was drifting off page, so I pushed it back up where folks can see it.

Dog Soldier
- Wyatt Earp
11-03-2009, 11:43 PM,
I just checked the ladder results. In the last 30 days only 9 games have been reported. DS, to get more action going, maybe you need to increase the bonus points awarded? :stir:

And what about those of us who posted our first results shortly before the bonus was offered? How about a point or two for us? Big Grin I need all the help I can get.

Tim