• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Changes/things you would like to see
10-14-2009, 09:48 AM,
RE: Changes/things you would like to see
Nothing wrong with Italians in SP, that's for sure.
Both the OOB and the actual players.
I have had my arse handed to me by a few Italian chaps on our ladder, and also come to learn that the Italian OOB is not to be taken lightly.
In skilled hands, it is very useful.

Ciao
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Quote this message in a reply
10-20-2009, 04:15 AM,
Having married a lovely lady of Italian descent, I'd have to agree that "in skilled hands" they are very useful...and indeed they can be deadly as well.

GUNSLNGR

"A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that's unlocked and opens inwards; as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push."

10-20-2009, 09:52 AM,
haha
Very good Big Grin
10-20-2009, 10:41 AM,
Hi Chris;

Just wandered and thought I'd comment on the Main Event idea.

Main Event is something that DK cam up with on the CM forum. He gets two equal players to volunteer (doesn't always have to be the top 2) and then he gives them a map, and they purchase their kit. The moderator gets both passwords and is CCed on all the turns, and he posts up comments and pictures from the battle from turn to turn as it is played. The moderator does all the posting and commenting, although comments from the emails can be added in to give insight to the minds of the two opponents. In fact, the players should stay out of the forum until the battle is over to insure they don't spoil the FoW effect.

I don't know squat about playing CM, but confess that I still read the CM Main Event forums because it's always fun to read an AAR in my opinion and it's even more fun to read one written from a neutral point of view.

I'd love all of the forum communities to do Main Event style matches. Since it's the "Main Event" only one gets run at a time so as to not kill the moderators, and to sweeten the pot a medal or a bonus can be awarded for the participants.

Paul
10-22-2009, 08:31 AM,
Chris

Here is the medal we are awarding to the Main Event Participants. It might be appropiate for all forum main events.

[Image: MAINEVENTAWARD.jpg]
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
10-27-2009, 04:30 AM,
Cool medal. I am just thinking about the work load I would have to take on, and if I could do it. I am not the most imaginative person for things like this when it comes to writing, but maybe I could entice my cohort to do it.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
10-27-2009, 08:29 AM,
If we could get a Main event going here that would be excellent.

I think we would probably need do it as a retrospective as it would be no good if the competitors could get the feedback on each others moves as the battle goes on

Alex
10-27-2009, 09:58 AM,
brm_3k Wrote:If we could get a Main event going here that would be excellent.

I think we would probably need do it as a retrospective as it would be no good if the competitors could get the feedback on each others moves as the battle goes on

Alex

The CM Community goes on the honor system, the players involved both agree to stay out until the game has been completed, that way the rest of the community can follow along as it happens.
10-27-2009, 10:08 AM,
Weasel Wrote:Cool medal. I am just thinking about the work load I would have to take on, and if I could do it. I am not the most imaginative person for things like this when it comes to writing, but maybe I could entice my cohort to do it.

I assume that you mean me!
My schedule is all over the place now I have lost my usual gig of the last two years.
I could have plenty of time to write something...or none at all.
No idea at the moment...though having no time to write means I am making enough money to pay my rent, generally a good thing eh.

Therefore I would be reluctant to take something like that on. I would hate to disappoint.
10-27-2009, 07:35 PM,
I could help out with it if you like ? It is labour intensive and maybe we could go turn about. I will do Main Event 1 and your the second.

Plus you and Walrus would be involved in short order as you 3 and 8 on the ladder.

Let me know.

I choice for the 1st one would be a straight out 1 vs 2 if they agreed of course.
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email