• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Changes/things you would like to see
10-12-2009, 05:23 AM,
RE: Changes/things you would like to see
The Main Event in the CM forum is like you said a online AAR. But for me and almost everyone else its a great learning tool. To get some insight ino force selection of the big boys and how they play the game is fantastic. I have learnt heaps. I think a game Vesku where you pick your forces and so does Narwan but on a map of the Main Event organises choosing would make it more of a game. To see what you choose to win and how you do offers so much for us down the ladder. To see how the pros do it.

On the CM forum it is probaly the big draw card right now. Guys comment that its what draws them on more than just one a day or a couple of times a week. It has helped with site traffic allright.

Come over and have a look. Great fun.
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2009, 07:45 AM,
Ok, so the players are posting the running commentary, not a moderator. That is why I was asking how you do it.

So how do you set these up, I don't 20 of them running at one time. Perhaps somewhere along the lines of Greybeard's set games, or do the players choose their poison?
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
10-12-2009, 08:04 AM,
Vesku Wrote:They already did, in AP! tourney. And believe me, it's been pretty boring because we both play a boring style. So, no, not a good idea. Next! :)

You don't get away that easy man. This is like Italian football. It's seemingly boring for everyone except those skilled enough to see the beautiful art in playing a tightly organized defence and going forward just enough to score that decisive goal.

Since most here seem to be from the other side of the Atlantic that analogy is probably wasted but still ;)
10-12-2009, 10:06 AM,
czerpak Wrote:custodian should send player a bottle of whiskey for each completed game, methinks...

I think you got that backward...cheers
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
10-12-2009, 01:39 PM,
[/quote]

You don't get away that easy man. This is like Italian football. It's seemingly boring for everyone except those skilled enough to see the beautiful art in playing a tightly organized defence and going forward just enough to score that decisive goal.

Since most here seem to be from the other side of the Atlantic that analogy is probably wasted but still ;)
[/quote]

I didn't know Italians could throw a football...but boy, you should see them kick a soccer ball.

As for changes, I love this thing the way it is. Maybe only a couple years of fooling around here hasn't jaded me enough yet. I have seen a couple good ideas of late. I particularly liked Seabolt's idea of having units names after the player, so that if it dies - he dies (not literally). Also Greybeard's set games are interesting too, plus you don't have to spend a great deal of time in the setup - its done for you. The recent OTB games have been fun for me also.

I think our only limit is our creativity.

GUNSLNGR

"A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that's unlocked and opens inwards; as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push."

10-12-2009, 03:19 PM,
2ndLt_Fjun Wrote:You don't get away that easy man. This is like Italian football. It's seemingly boring for everyone except those skilled enough to see the beautiful art in playing a tightly organized defence and going forward just enough to score that decisive goal.

Good analogy but .... it's pretty hard to sort the ladder so that both of us are at the top so, no, not a good idea. :)

To GUNSLNGR, we don't call it soccer, it's football for us Europeans and your style is called American football.
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]
10-13-2009, 06:34 AM,
Vesku Wrote:To GUNSLNGR, we don't call it soccer, it's football for us Europeans and your style is called American football.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were Italian.

GUNSLNGR

"A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that's unlocked and opens inwards; as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push."

10-13-2009, 02:33 PM,
Oh yes, the Swede and the Finn are both mentally Italian :)
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]
10-13-2009, 03:18 PM,
hahahaha
Classic cheers
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
10-14-2009, 05:58 AM,
You mean your tanks have more reverse gears then forward gears?
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha